Refurbished Laptop keyboard

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by kuba67, Feb 9, 2018.

1. kuba67

kuba67 Newbie

Reputations:
    I am planning on replacing my laptop keyboard. The refurbished ( the retailer claims it was refurbished by manufacturer ) keyboard on ebay is around 40 USD so 1/3 the price of the new one from HP Store.

Have you ever bought refurbished laptop parts? Is it worth it? Shall I expect a big risk of buying faulty product? How does a laptop keyboard become refurbished anyway?
    Local HP representatives ( Polish ) claim the warranty doesn;t cover keyboard replacement.

I have got to say that there aren't many refurbished keyboards of this model on ebay and notebookcheck claims the laptop's keyboard is of decent quality ( but ofc not high-end, premium ), so it must be a good thing, right?

I wouldn't mind minor scratches on the keyboard as long as the feedback would be the same as that of the new product.

2. kuba67

kuba67 Newbie

Reputations:

3. Starlight5

Starlight5 So what if I'm crazy? The best people are.

Reputations:
    @kuba67 if the seller ships bad item, you're covered by eBay and PayPal warranties. Just clean it with alcohol upon receiving.