Redirect when accessing forum on mobile device!

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions, Announcements and Guidelines' started by QldRtv, May 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Thanks! there are some other variations of this ads present as well. so i suspect there are a few culprits. it often goes through 3 redirects.

2. Tinderbox (UK)

Tinderbox (UK) BAKED BEAN KING

Reputations:
    I often video NBR on my Android tablet, using Chrome browser and have no problems with being re-directed to other sites.

John.

3. brubenstein

brubenstein Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just to follow up, our ad team has been working on tracking this down so they can shut it off so they can block the source. The screenshot posted here was helpful since we couldn't replicate it on our end - if you have any others, do let me know.

4. tijo

tijo Sacred Blame Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I also remember seeing some TPCR users receiving some rather unsavory ads over a year ago, not necessarily a hijack, it was more, the IPs registered in the same country were getting said ads and no one else was. That was "fun" to track down.

I'd be curious to know if the people experiencing the redirects are all in similar geographical locations. No need to divulge that information, just throwing the idea out there.

Also, the ad network being hijacked sounds right.

toughasnails and custom90gt like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.