Red Dead Redemption 2 Coming to PC on 5th of November 2019 (or December for Steam)

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by killkenny1, Oct 4, 2019.

1. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Details are also amazing. Rode through snow, took a nap at a camp, rode back the say way next day and the tracks were still there. I can't name a single game which does this!
    And I agree - exploration in this game so exciting! Being alone with your thoughts, horse and nature, with soothing music playing in the background. TW3, KCD and now RDR2 do this perfectly. I should go outside more

Speaking about horses, my horse, Geralt, is a good boi. Took quite a lengthy ride from camp to the snowy area on the left upper corner of the map. Although the weather was nice (sunny), there was still plenty of snow on the road, which Geralt had to endure until I reached the destination.
    On the way to the destination, a guy asked me to give him a lift. Sure, I'm a good guy, so naturally I agreed to help. But it turned out to be that he was a hustler and he kicked me off Geralt. Luckily I always come prepared. Before speaking to the hustler I took the shotgun from Geralt and put it on Arthur. It's a wild west after all, always be prepared. So it's no surprise the hustler didn't have a chance to get too far. Though Geralt was scarred from all the shootin', and he carried the hustler corpse until I calmed him down. Nothing a pat on the neck, a scrub with his favorite brush, and a carrot can't fix!
    After my deed was done, went home after staying the night at the camp. Killed a couple of wolves and an elk on the way back, so Geralt was carrying an elk carcass and a couple of wolf hides besides Arthur on his back. But he made it, the boi is alright!

Wonder if I should put him back in a stable to let him rest for a few days, and use Roach for these few days.

Well I hope high FPS do not interfere with Arthur's mustache grow, because it kinda grows slow...
    Although they probably did tie it to the game engine as well...

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
  2. killkenny1

Reputations:
    hfm and MahmoudDewy like this.
  3. hertzian56

hertzian56 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Makes sense that the patches improve it, when I first played witcher 3 it would crash every 20mins or so it was unbearable, it was on 1.08 I think, even after they patched it, it still crashed on the last mega mission unless all low incl lower resolution. I've always had mid range equipment though. Can anyone tell me what the final installed game size is? Seems like they always overstate the needed space to cover their behinds. Trying to fit this on a small ssd and moving things around.

4. killkenny1

Reputations:
    Mine is 112 GBs.

5. MahmoudDewy

MahmoudDewy Gaming Laptops Master Race!

Reputations:
    killkenny1 likes this.
  6. killkenny1

Reputations:
    This game really cracks me up sometimes :D
    The animation and dialogue are just perfect too.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
    hfm likes this.
  7. killkenny1

Reputations:
    New patch dropped.
    *sigh*
    Probably will have to dial in the GFX settings... Again...

Overall really interesting port. For few days I had no problems, then next three days I can only load into game after third attempt (during first tow game get stuck in infinite loading), and then yesterday I had some CTDs...

Also witness system is kinda weird. I get jumped by bandits, naturally I kill 'em all. Then some random NPC rides on a horse and I get a message that witness is running to the law and then there's a hunt for me. I defended myself, c'mon, what the hell?!? They kinda asked for it.
    On the other hand, it also kinda makes sense. After all, NPC only sees the aftermath of the fight, as in me looting the dead bodies, so naturally he/she thinks I did it to rob them...

8. killkenny1

Reputations:
  9. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    yeah im getting 1080p high textures low everything else 26fps with new patch...thank god i can play it now

killkenny1 likes this.
  10. Ifrin

Ifrin Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Cinematic experience :p
    Still no fix, for Fullscreen reset to Windowed, in DX12.
    [​IMG]

JRE84 and killkenny1 like this.