Recommendation for video editing laptop?

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by Lambda808, May 20, 2020 at 1:39 AM.

1. Lambda808

Lambda808 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hey guys. So I'm in the market for a video editing laptop. I edit professionally and I hate laptops but I travel all year for work so I have to be mobile. I've been using alienware for the last 5 years or so. My priority is being able to edit 4K footage and RAW footage smoothly with no hiccups. I mostly work in Adobe premiere pro and Davinci resolve. I love gaming too. Would like to be able to play modern graphic intensive games without issues too. Budget is like $2000. I'm currently rocking an Alienware 17 but I've had it a few years and it's outdated. Time to get something new. Im already "sold" on Alienware as in I know they work, I don't have too many issues. I just hate the clunky size since I travel a lot, the heat, the loud fans, the weight etc. But I can't complain too much cause I know I'm stuck in the "portable desktop" category. But before I pull the trigger on another Alienware I'd love to hear if you guys suggest anything other than Alienware for my needs. Maybe there's something out there that's thinner and lighter and can work for me.
    I'm looking for something 17in, but I could possibly go down to 15-16 if it's a good deal. But if I go with AW would like to hear some suggestions of the setup you guys recommend. I've heard about the aw m17 r2's being a no-go because of a lack of upgrades on ram or something. And if anyone has the contact of a Dell/AW salesperson you can recommend that would be cool.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. penguinslider

penguinslider Notebook Consultant

Reputations: