Recommend me an Alienware laptop

Discussion in 'Alienware' started by Rannochuk, Feb 18, 2017.

1. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    It has improved in terms of brightness and color rendering. BUt the issues still exist unfortunately. Even recent Samsung smartphones exhibit burn in and color degradation over time. These are viewed as the best Oled panels of this time. The LG TV panels are different however. They degrade in a more uniform way. But burn in is still an issue.

2. Zellio2013

Zellio2013 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I enjoy how you cannot refute anything and instead give this type of response.

The only real issue with oleds is the blue oled, which is massively improved, and is supposed to be fixed with ink jet printing (Supposed to of course). Oleds todays (Esp. the LG oleds) mostly do image persistence, you really have to intentionally damage them to get actual burn in.

With that said, stationary icons can eventually cause burn in. I suggest auto-hide the taskbar, changing the background image every so often, and not having icons on the backgrounds. Basically if you ever used a plasma tv as a secondary (or primary) monitor, you know what to do.

3. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    You still have uneven white balance issues with samsung panels i experienced those myself until this day. LG panels only can have burn in or brightness loss issues but not the uneven white balance issues from the blue led wearing out more quickly.

4. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    OLED is a fairly new technology and it looks georgious, but it's as some people say here. They are not as stable yet. Personally i'd not go for OLED just yet, since it will make problems faster than a good IPS screen, however if someone can live with the fact that he should send the notebook for repair here and then but in trade have a very nice looking screen, then be my guest. It's not like they will charge you for a detect that happens because of technology.

Also, obviously Midas Touch is being very dramatic here, but he still has a point. It's not like the screen will literally break down in the first days of usage, but it will likely cause issues after a couple of months depending on how much you use it, so you have to be able to either deal with the defect or be able to send the notebook for repair a couple of days.

5. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It is well known that plasma TV's are horrible, that's why they got replaced by LED TV's a long time ago. How long do u own that OLED?

6. Zellio2013

Zellio2013 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    You know I should've read some of your earlier posts just to get an idea of how little you know.

1. The mura effect hasn't been around in oleds for several years.

2. LCDS HAVE THE MURA EFFECT

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-remove-the-mura-effect-on-an-lcd

Which is kinda funny since you act like this mura effect is way worse then the problems with the lcd screens while conveniently ignoring that lcds have the same problem (And any of them can get it, just turn the brightness level up really high).

It's painfully obvious that the only oled you've messed with is the psvita, and that you listened to a bunch of over dramatic nonsense about oleds (Which is no different then the paranoia of plasmas having screen burn in) without doing any research on your own.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  7. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    and what does a PC have? a ****load of static objects on screen. Browser windows, icons, start bar. NO matter how people try to spin it, its still not maturized enough. YOu have to adjust your PC usage to make it last long without burn in. LIke moving windows around instead of keeping them maximized, minimize the taskbar, have an uniform desktop wallpaper etc.....

I wish it was mature enough but it isnt.