Recommend me an Alienware laptop

Discussion in 'Alienware' started by Rannochuk, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Midas Touch

Midas Touch Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Search "OLED screen burn" and you'll see examples of it. You wouldn't see the screen burn in your AW 13 right now simply because it's new but let us know after 2 years of use.

Also if you want to run games as smooth as butter but still want an excellent screen quality then a GTX 1070 + IPS w/GSYNC in the AW 15 is the way to go, it's more future proof. But like I said...AW 15 and 17 is not worth the buy right now, therefore I advice OP to wait a few months before getting one.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  2. Wormwood

Wormwood Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Again, I've yet to see an example from a laptop - maybe I'm looking in the wrong place or they've not been in use long enough for this to be an issue but it might also be the case that laptops are less likely to burn in than other devices.

3. Midas Touch

Reputations:
    OLED in devices and in laptops are the same technology regardless of the manufacturer they will suffer screen burn.

Mr. Fox likes this.
  4. Rannochuk

Rannochuk Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I ordered the 13" OLED. I needed to as I gave my M11X to my GF as she's not giving it back. Got a deal through chat. I have a 2nd hand Oculus Rift that I'll hook up later.

I'll also use the laptop when I'm in my observatory so it fits the bill. I'll be posting here as I didn't just sign up for advice then not post again.

Thanks guys.

Wormwood and ThatOldGuy like this.
  5. Midas Touch

Reputations:
    GL with screen burn :cool:

6. Wormwood

Wormwood Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm sure that people will post here if that becomes an issue.

7. GodlikeRU

GodlikeRU Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It will but Dellienware doesn't care anymore. They will force you to buy new 500$+ screen

Mr. Fox likes this.
  8. Rannochuk

Reputations:
    I ended up getting a 17 R4 with a 1080, 120HZ, Love it so far, nearly as good as my rig :)

Midas Touch likes this.
  9. Midas Touch

Reputations:
    Good choice, where did you bought from? Can you run some benchmarks and show us you temp?

10. Rannochuk

Reputations:
    It's broken (see my other thread) completely dead, only had it 3 days. I went to power it in yesterday and nothing. I called Dell and spoke to someone in Slovakia who asked me to remove the back, then memory and do a cmos/bios reset. Nothing......

They are getting back to me tomorrow, it has on-site next business day support, if they cant fix it within a few days I'll return it to the supplier. I bought it from eBay, it have bought many items from this business who have offered a full refund if I return it.

I'll see what Dell say tomorrow. They think the MB has gone but who knows. I wonder how many spare motherboards they have with a 1080. I can see this dragging on, if that's the case it's going and I'l build a desktop pc instead.

Aroc and Mr. Fox like this.