**Recommend Me a Game** Ask About Game Recommendations Here

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by xTank Jones16x, Mar 25, 2010.

1. ratinox

ratinox Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Grandia (but the Saturn version runs better, but we never got it in English)
    Lunar: Silver Star Story and Lunar 2: Eternal Blue (remakes of the Sega CD games)
    Persona (the dungeon crawler that didn't start it all but was the first we got in English)
    Parasite Eve (but not the sequel which failed to be a Resident Evil knockoff)
    Suikoden and Suikoden II
    Tales of Destiny and Tales of Eternia (because Tales series)
    Valkyrie Profile
    Wild Arms

2. hfm

hfm Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
  3. cinePacnic

cinePacnic Newbie

Reputations:
    In love with Dungeon Keeper 2 (yep, the one from 1999).
    Anybody has a recommendation for a similar game?

4. FreezeTham

FreezeTham Newbie

Reputations:
    Battle Brothers is an excellent Turn-Based Strategy game where you manage a mercenary company in a medieval fantasy setting (DnD-ish but with little magic spells involved). It has a pretty steep learning curve though.

Donald@HIDevolution likes this.
  5. Scanner

Scanner Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Destiny 2 is free until 11/18/18.

6. Woodking

Woodking Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    An early Christmas gift arrived today for me, Steam Gift Card - result!

Does anyone have any good 'open world' game recommendation with lots to do and takes ages to finish? Solo only, no online please.

I enjoyed FO4, TW3 and Metal Gear Solid 5, (Everquest & Everquest 2 years ago), but I'll consider anything if it looks good.

The only problem is waiting for whatever I chose to download before being able to play it!

7. ratinox

ratinox Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Skyrim.

Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas. If you get these then take a look at "Tale of Two Wastelands". It translates FO3 game data into the FNV engine.

If you get any of these three, or are considering any of them, then get over to Gopher's channel on YouTube. He has tutorials and pretty much everything you could ever want or need to know about modding these games.

Woodking likes this.
  8. hfm

hfm Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Wait until the end-of-year holiday sale so you can make your gift-card go farther. I know it'll be tough to sit on it, but you'll thank me when that sale hits. Reportedly it's starting on Dec 20, so you probably only have 11 days to wait.

As for games, I'd also recommend Skyrim: EE if you haven't played Skyrim. It's like Fallout 4 but fantasy instead of post-apocalyptic. The jury is out on whether it's better or worse than Witcher 3. I'd say.. different. Witcher 3 is more cinematic and focused on specific characters. I think the story and quests in Wticher 3 are much more rich, but Elder Scrolls is more of a sandbox for your character. They are both great games. Also if you don't have the two expansions for Witcher 3 they are a must, they are both good and well worth playing.

In fact, Skyrim: EE is 40% off RIGHT NOW for 23 more hours. Not sure if that discount will go deeper during the end-of-year sale, but I could have sworn I've seen in 50% off. I might be wrong.

Fallout:NV is also great, but the technology is a step back from Skyrim: EE and Fallout 4. Not sure if you care about that or not.

One kind of case for Skyrim Classic instead of the EE are there are fantastic total conversions like Enderal that don't work in the EE version of Skyrim that are like whole new games. Enderal is, in my opinon, better than the vanilla Skyrim campaign. Really though you can't go wrong either way if you just want to install something and get going.

Between Skyrim and Skyrim:EE including playing Enderal I have about 590 hours in Skyrim, so you can definitely play it for a long time no matter which direction you go. If you just want to install and play without fussing with modding, get the EE.

Woodking likes this.