**Recommend Me a Game** Ask About Game Recommendations Here

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by xTank Jones16x, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Xaintrix

Xaintrix Newbie

Reputations:
    As an old hand coming from Battlefield 1942 back in the day, Battlefield 1 is really fun. It may be just my tastes, but the series never felt better than when in the world war eras. Graphics are fantastic, and the maps definitely felt better this time around. About the only thing I have issue with, along with most EA titles now, is the whole DLC money grabbing. That said, right out of the box it was a good experience.

duanevw likes this.
  2. Xaintrix

Xaintrix Newbie

Reputations:
    After the disappointment with Sid Meier's Beyond Earth, I was really wanting to get back into the 4X swing of things. I was really impressed with Stellaris with the Utopia expansion. It's a good filler until Endless Space 2 fixes its numerous balance issues - that one doesn't quite feel ready for prime time though it's absolutely gorgeous.

Another fun thing with Stellaris is the active workshop community. The full conversion to the Star Trek universe was very impressive.

On the freebie front. A personal roguelike favorite is Powder by Jeff Lait which can be found on his website. It has tiles along with bells and whistles that can keep you engaged from run to run, but not so obtuse that you need spoilers to figure out what the heck is going on.

Rairch likes this.
  3. Rairch

Rairch Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    After finishing Pillars Of Eternity again, I've got the isometric itch back.
    But this time I fancy some hard sci fi stuff. Can't seem to find anything of the sort.
    Satellite Reign is alright but I'm after some space exploration/rpg isometric type games. Think mass effect 2 + the expanse.

Don't suppose anyone knows of any hidden gems?

Stellaris looks great, need to pick that up......eventually.

4. duanevw

duanevw Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I am also old school, with Quake II, medals of Honor series back in 1998 and through the early 2000's. I fired ip my Return to Castle Wolfenstein with the newewst patch for resolutions and Win 10 compatability!!!! I feel right at home!!! Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    I will give Battlefield 1 a try, probally after the Summer season is over.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
    MickyD1234 likes this.
  5. JohnSmith75

JohnSmith75 Newbie

Reputations:
    Recomend me some interesting online mmo please. Already try a lot of rpg like : Lineage 2, WoW, Aion, Tera, Guild Wars 2. Wanna try something new, thx.

6. cdoublejj

cdoublejj Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    killkenny1 likes this.
  7. Tanner@XoticPC

Tanner@XoticPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    If you're OK with shooting your way through an MMO, Destiny 2 is on the way.

8. Hair_Tech

Hair_Tech Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Could someone give some review about Rime? Have seen some of youtubers playing it, but i want to see some of your reviews about it.

9. openglcg

openglcg Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Oh my god is cities skylines good. I put it off forever ive been waiting for the next good sim city since sim city 4. The options for advanced geometric cities and great trafic simulation make this a true upgrade.

Also subnautica is amazing if you want a contorller game for vr.

10. duanevw

duanevw Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Quick question! Do most all new 2016-2017 Games require Windows 10, 8.1 OS to run them? I just started to notice Windows 7 isn't on the list on some of the titles and was curious. Is it because Windows 7 won't support our new Kaby Lake CPU and 1050, 1060, 1070, and 2080 GPU's??

*****I just answered my own question***
    I didn't realize MS only supports Kaby Lake on Windows 10...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017