**Recommend Me a Game** Ask About Game Recommendations Here

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by xTank Jones16x, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Tanner@XoticPC

Tanner@XoticPC Company Representative

Reputations:

This is just me, but I put my OS on the SSD and have my game library there. I store media (music/movies) on my HDD and other files I don't really need quick access to or that the increased speed of the SSD won't matter for.

For games downloads, many have to be downloaded from their publisher's service (Steam/Origin/Uplay/whatever). You might also find them on GOG.

2. duanevw

duanevw Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yes, the 120gb sdd will have OS. So, I shouldn't worry about new game performance on the 7200rpm?

Thanks for answering

3. Tanner@XoticPC

Reputations:
    Might see some longer loading times, but nothing that will have you bashing your head on your desk or anything. Once everything is loaded and the GPU takes over you'll forget about it for a while.

TBoneSan and Fire_Child22 like this.
  4. Hair_Tech

Hair_Tech Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Nope, the performance would be totally similar to what you get on SSD, but you might getting slower loading time, but once it loads everything would be great.

5. woodlaker

woodlaker Newbie

Reputations:
    As far as where to purchase, I recently tried g2a . com. Good price and runs on Steam fine.

6. hfm

hfm Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    There are some games that are notorious for having bad texture pop-in when they need to stream assets in from storage and the storage is slow. I definitely recommend an SSD if you want to rest easy. Even my SATA SSD, I have one for OS (850 EVO) and one for my game installs (Micron M600), show some slight texture loading at times in some games.

It's not a requirement and it most likely won't affect frame rates. You'll just see low quality textures that miraculously switch to high-quality in some titles. If cost is an issue you can start with a 7200RPM and if you don't like what you're seeing and can narrow it down to asset streaming speed you can always upgrade later.

duanevw likes this.
  7. openglcg

openglcg Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Furi is pretty polished (including gameplay mechanics) boss battle game getting some attention from game enthusiasts. 20 or less if you find a sale (should be able to grab it for 12 any time using isthereanydeal to find a sale)

Currently on the 3rd boss battle and the game is like something striaght out of my immagination when i was 12. (In a good way)

8. Tanner@XoticPC

Reputations:
    Didn't even think about pop-in, but yeah, the faster your drive the less of that you'll see. (It's uncommon enough on my 850 Evo that I don't think about it much if that helps)

9. duanevw

Reputations:
    Thanks guys for chiming in!! I'm finally enjoying some new games like F1 2016 on my new NP6852 and I loaded up my copy of Battlefield Bad Company 2, as I need to complete the single player campaign, and its like a new game with all the graphic settings set to max!!! Wow! The frostbite engine really does look nice details set to max finally on my 1050 Ti!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

10. duanevw

Reputations:
    Also, is Battlefield 1 worth getting latter? I see that it is set in World War I. The reviews look good, on what I read so far!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk