**Recommend Me a Game** Ask About Game Recommendations Here

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by xTank Jones16x, Mar 25, 2010.

1. rusty_dough

rusty_dough Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Arma 2 free - Arma 2 Official Website

Its actually a full multiplayer. I dont think it has the single player mode... But the game is no fun sp anyway :D

Should be on their site, just click around a bit and you should find it.

2. HerrKaputt

HerrKaputt Elite Notebook User

Reputations:
    I'll check it out tonight. Thanks!

3. rusty_dough

rusty_dough Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thnx Fat Dragon for the +Rep! Did you try Arma yet?

4. HerrKaputt

Reputations:
    Nah. Maybe this weekend. I have a lot of work to do, so the games I play during the week have to be things that I can hop in for 10-20 minutes then hop out.

BTW, a great one is Frontline Tactics. It's free to play with micropayments, but you can enjoy the game without spending a dime. Very simple mechanics, decent graphics, good AI, and rather hard.

5. baii

baii Sone

Reputations:
    What are some good ARPG within last 3-4 years? Open or close does not really matter

similar to
    Amalur
    Skyrim
    Darksiders
    FC3

Looking for less brain activity games, tried witcher 2 a bit but it is almost like a Strategy RPG xD.

6. HerrKaputt

Reputations:
    If you can get access, try Path of Exile. That's a true Action RPG. It's truly free2play (i.e. paying only gives cosmetic advantages).

7. Metallica93

Metallica93 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    For some reason I downloaded (dear God, the waiting) Planetside 2. Don't know how l heard about it (most likely a forum somewhere, including this one) and I don't know what made me do it, but I learned it was free-to-play so, at the least, it couldn't hurt to try.

So much stuff O_O Recommended if your CPU can handle this bad boy even on low settings. Someone told me that their CPU wasn't fully utilized (he has a 6-core) so I have no idea what you can run it with to get High/Ultra settings with reasonable frames per second. Apparently there will be a big patch in late January that deals specifically with the game's optimization so I'll definitely be playing all of January.

Also, Dark Souls vs. Demon('s) Souls: Anyone play either of these? Someone told me to try Demon's Souls, I believe. Apparently it's ridiculously hard and you die a lot, lol.

8. moviemarketing

moviemarketing Milk Drinker

Reputations:
    Fallout 3
    Fallout New Vegas
    Bioshock 2
    Mass Effect 3
    Mass Effect 2
    Walking Dead
    Dragon Age: Origins
    Dragon Age 2
    Dishonored, RAGE (these are not RPGs, but fun action games with some RPG elements)

Also, kind of older game, but I really liked Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines

9. Sublime865

Sublime865 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'll bring up the pink elephant... MMO - EVE Online. Been playing for years, phenomenal game. Steep learning curve, but if you get into a good player run corp, you can find your playstyle and settle in and get real good real fast. Don't be fooled, I am convinced it's a math teacher's wet dream, a gigantic math simulator with shiny internet spaceships - never fear though, you don't need much more than basic arithmetic to blow up other internet spaceships. I have been known to play for hours and never undock though, there is just so incredibly much to do.

If anyone is interested, PM me and I can get you more info and set up at least in a general direction in the game. Standard 14 day trial is free straight from EVE, but I (and any other subscriber) have buddy invites that get you 21 days - and if you sign up from those, we get nice bonuses that some of us are willing to share ;)

10. Metallica93

Metallica93 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    All I remember hearing about that game is the steep learning curve, lol. How old is it now?

Also, if I hadn't just bought Spec Ops: The Line, if I wasn't about to buy the Portal Bundle (because that sounds like some serious math/physics/puzzle fun), and if I hadn't downloaded Planetside 2 already, I would TOTALLY TAKE YOU UP ON THAT OFFER! God, I've always wanted to try that game. It sounds very CPU intensive, though. My AMD tri-core has enough trouble with PS2 as it is. Aaaaaaaand then there's the little issue about trying to reduce how much I play video games as of late. I lack self-restraint; nothing is working :D