recently bought MSI WT75 issues

Discussion in 'MSI' started by pandaZzZ, Mar 20, 2019.

Tags:
  1. ryzeki

ryzeki Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I will check and let you know. It shoudn't be hidden, but at this point I rarely use stock BIOS, I don't remember.

Kevin@GenTechPC likes this.
  2. Support.2@XOTIC PC

Support.2@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    I've seen the USB thing happen during start up and shutdown with some versions of Windows 10 as well. If it's not completely up to date but it might try to change/update while starting up or shutting, the PC will just sit there trying to do something. It could be trying to update/change a USB device driver during that time as well if it keeps happening. Could try disabling Windows from Installing other manufacturer apps to see if that helps. I also know notepad is notorious for preventing full shutdowns if you use it (I do a lot, so this has occurred with me).

Does it happen when the USB devices are unplugged and the PC is shut down?

3. pandaZzZ

pandaZzZ Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,

I've been doing some tests and I guess it might have to do with the USB power.

Everytime I turn the laptop off with nothing connected in the USB ports it turns off perfectly.

When having the mouse connected, sometimes it works ok the other times it doesn't. I will check when I arrive home the option in the BIOS for the USB power and I'll post an update after.

4. Support.2@XOTIC PC

Support.2@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    I realized something on this. Under the Root USB HUB in Device Manager, is Windows selected to handle the Power Management? I know if you disable that option, it will allow your PC to still use the USB even after the PC is shut down or put to sleep.

5. pandaZzZ

pandaZzZ Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys
    I had a lot of work and didn't managed to get the problems solved (or even tried solving them)
    I'm a bit free now and the PC is coming a lot slower and running high % of cpu in common processes..
    I'll try to format it, apply those fixes in the BIOS and then I'll post some feedback.. Thank every1 for the help provided