Reapplying thermal paste for cpu?

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by mwake, Apr 15, 2017.

1. mwake

mwake Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I have the Toshiba S50D-A laptop and Ibe noticed that for about a year now the fan keeps coming on more than I would like even when doing non intensive tasks.

I have already cleaned the fans so it's not a dust issue. I believe that it could be the thermal paste issue. However, I was wondering if anyone has managed to successfully reapply thermal paste into their Toshiba laptop? I have only seen the odd YouTube video and have never done this but wondering if the average man like me should try to attempt it or leave it to a professional. Also what is the best type of thermal paste to go for?

2. DooBrown

DooBrown Newbie

Reputations:
    Youtube is a great source for finding a video on how to do it for your exact model. I've done it a few times with very little computer hardware repair and it's work great. I bought Arctic Silver (not sure which type). I don't know if it's the best, but I remember reading reviews and choose that one.

This first computer I replaced the thermal paste on has been running almost daily with no problems. Good luck.

3. Hair_Tech

Hair_Tech Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I guess Arctic Silver will also work for him. Been using it for many of my CPU and i even use it on PS3 and it works well.