REALTEK HD AUDIO MOD For Clevo

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by j95, Mar 23, 2018.

1. GMLP

GMLP Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I think the latest Windows 10 Update (2004) broke the modded drivers. @j95 Eagerly waiting for your next update.

anytimer likes this.
  2. anytimer

anytimer Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Thanks for the heads up. I haven't done it yet. Did you do an upgrade or a clean install? In either case you'll need to reinstall the driver - Windows setup nukes many drivers, including graphics drivers. In the case of an upgrade, you'll need to use DDU to remove the remnants of the nuked modded drivers and then reinstall them.

3. GMLP

GMLP Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Clean install with DDU all the time mate. I even have Group Policy activated in Windows Update to block all unwanted auto driver updates.

4. anytimer

anytimer Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I meant clean install of Windows - formatting the C drive.

5. IllusiveMan

IllusiveMan Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I have the P751DM2-G clevo, since this last windows update audio drivers broke. Clean install of windows with old drivers did not solve the issue. Latest official driver for alc898 works fine, except that the audio volume dropped like to 70%.

Older version of windows with old driver also does not work (audio ports messed up and not detecting ports).
    Maybe I don't understand this, but why older windows with older drivers does not work?

6. RedMarl

RedMarl Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi, may I ask what is the "creative" option in DDU means? I only see clean and restart, not restart. And install driver mod sometimes gave me error like "fail to install, somethingx000024B. Had to reinstall windows because blue screen (Bad system config).
    I've been trying to install few of those drivers above, because the sound blaster doesn't work ever since I installed windows LTSC version.
    Got sound blaster back but lost the microphone o_O. I tried to re roll, go to get realtek driver on clevo's website. But non of them seem to work.
    Please help me how exactly do I use DDU and what version is compatible with the windows LTSC. Mine is P775tm (8700k) and I'm currently on LTSC 1809 ( OS build 17763.1817)