REALTEK HD AUDIO MOD For Clevo

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by j95, Mar 23, 2018.

1. infex

infex Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    thanks for responding. No popups at all. In order to separate them I have to disable the speakers or make "real digital ouput" the default, but once I unplug i have to revert as the speakers don't work. where would I need to disable this craziness via windows? all I did was update drivers. The real audio console is quite limited so, I wasn't able to find anything specific to work with.

2. anytimer

anytimer Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    @j95 what is your policy regarding updates? Is it "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"? Just asking, since we haven't seen an update in months.

I kind of like that approach, btw., I mean - if the update does not provide improved functionality then what's the point.

3. Dmitry Zyabko

Dmitry Zyabko Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello everyone, someone can give a detailed guide on installing this mod? on a guide from the top of the page I can’t

4. anytimer

Reputations:
    The guide works. A couple of tips:

0. Uninstall the Realtek and SoundBlaster apps from the start menu (this hasn't actually bothered me, but since you're having trouble, might as well do this beforehand).

1. Disconnect from the internet until this is done, otherwise Windows Update will helpfully install the driver it thinks is best.

2. DDU has to be run in safe mode, twice - once to uninstall the Creative/ Soundblaster stuff, and then, without exiting DDU, the Realtek stuff.

3. Disable driver signature enforcement. Disable your antivirus - this can be tricky depending on your antivirus as some of them don't let you do this easily. Exiting the antivirus only closes the GUI window - the actual protection service is still running. Windows Defender is not very troublesome, but you might have to manually disable services for other antivirus apps, maybe even uninstall it and reinstall it after the modded driver is fully installed.

4. Install the driver. If you don't get a prompt asking you if you want to allow the installation ( you'll be asked 4 times), you're doing something wrong. Don't reboot after the Realtek driver is installed - just wait until the Creative stuff gets installed (you'll see a command prompt window open for a few seconds, then close).

5. Once the driver is installed, reboot. Reinstall/ enable your antivirus as needed. Turn the internet back on and install the Realtek and SoundBlaster apps.

5. Dmitry Zyabko

Dmitry Zyabko Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    With driver from Topic starter ?

6. anytimer

Reputations:
    Yes. Make sure the driver you select matches the Windows release that you are using, as there are several older drivers there as well.