REALTEK HD AUDIO MOD For Clevo

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by j95, Mar 23, 2018.

1. jinwk00

jinwk00 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yes that happened to me too, apparently Realtek Audio Console won't even launch somehow...*

2. anytimer

anytimer Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    MF POS WU force fed me 2.0.0.36. :vbmad::vbmad::vbmad::vbmad::vbmad:

3. epguy3

epguy3 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    that sucks.
    that won't happen if the 2.0.0.38 creative sbx driver were installed instead of the 2.0.0.36 version (released near end of August 2019 for Clevo P9X0RC_RD_RF_RN series).

Edit 10/10/2019 - j95 really needs to make a newer modded Realtek UAD + Creative 2.0.0.38 driver with older mbapo2 components (to prevent WU from inadvertently updating the creative components)

anytimer likes this.
  4. Evogame Russia

Evogame Russia Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Good day. I have Clevo P870KM, BIOS from Dsanke Will this mod suit my model? For Realtek and Sound Blaster to work together.

5. L00K3R4

L00K3R4 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Best way is to check it yourself. Make a backup and follow the steps carefully and let us know, if it doesn't work just go back to the backup and let us know! All I know is that this mod currently does not work for P650HS-G.

6. infex

infex Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    @j95 I DDU to update to latest drivers, but I only get three warnings to install drivers not "4". After installations. I only get the realtek console, but not SBC. How do I get SBC? I tried the steps again and no go. Now I am getting sound from speakers and headphones and can't seem to get only the headphones to work when plugged in. I am not sure if it is due to SBC not installed. thanks

7. anytimer

Reputations:
    Did you run DDU twice to uninstall the Creative stuff and the Realtek stuff?

8. infex

Reputations:
    no I didn't. didn't think I had to. Will try again in a few.

9. infex

Reputations:
    Ok. I finally go it to stick and works now. My only issue is that I am getting sound coming from my speakers when headphones plugged in. SBC has headphone mode switched off so i am not sure why it is doing that. it was fine before.

10. anytimer

Reputations:
    Are you getting the popup asking what has been plugged into the headphone jack? You might have turned that off earlier, Windows has taken over this functionality, so you might need to dig there. Also, dig around in the Realtek app. P650 users have reported this before, and I don't know if it has been fixed for them.

Another known issue is that there is no sound from the headphones after the laptop has woken from sleep (lid closed and later opened). No fix yet. AFAIK.