REALTEK HD AUDIO MOD For Clevo

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by j95, Mar 23, 2018.

1. j95

j95 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Updated instructions, now all Clevo devices are supported (Realtek).
    BIOS (F2) -> Disable "Secure boot"
    Admin cmd (Win10):
    Code:
    bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy
    reboot -> keep holding F8 -> select "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement"
    Once installed, disable and re-enable “Jack detection when device is plugged in” (Realtek Audio Console advanced settings).
    Disable Power management

For SBC 720 we must use v2.0.0.14 (stock SBC 360).

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
    Papusan, jaybee83 and anytimer like this.
  2. anytimer

anytimer Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Do we need to do something to prevent Windows Update from updating the driver? WU is currently offering 2.0.0.36, though perhaps not to us Clevo folk.

3. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    check this out: https://www.ghacks.net/2018/10/15/update-manager-windows-wumgr/

u can selectively hide updates with this tool, comes in very handy :)

@j95 yuh da man! thanks so much for all your efforts :)

anytimer likes this.
  4. jinwk00

jinwk00 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Does this modded driver work with P650HS-G?

5. varunreeves

varunreeves Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    After a couple of months and still trying to install the drivers from J9 I am still not successful. I just wanted to quickly mention that for anyone who is looking for a working solution and not necessarily looking for getting J9's drivers to work, please refer to my post here: http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/realtek-hd-audio-mod-for-clevo.814860/page-18#post-10930043.

Now back to my issue. I had some free time and tried installing the p80tm-r drivers posted on the premamod's site again including the additional instructions from @j95 but it still doesn't work. I followed my steps listed here with one or two additional steps. My first step was to boot in safe mode, disable driver signature using the bcedit command (mentioned in my link in the previous line), rather than the reboot into advanced settings method.

After this I logged into safe mode to used latest ddu to unistall both realtek and soundblaster but I noticed something peculiar. After removing the software with ddu, the sound icon had a cross to it (as expected) but within 15 - 20 seconds the cross would go away and the speaker again became functional AUTOMATICALLY. Note, that I had the internet disabled all the while after logging into safe mode but the sneaky windows was automatically installing drivers ! I will post a video with this happening in a bit. I found that I had to go to the group policy editor and disable a setting mentioned here. I just followed what the video person does exactly as he did. After doing this I rebooted again and this time windows wasn't reinstalling audio drivers after ddu removal !

So I thought I had solved the problem and then I booted into windows 10 regular and then tried installing the realtek. It DID complete the first part with the prompt : When prompted (4x) select “Install driver software anyway” (UAD) . After this I clicked no to restarting and then clicked Finish. After this I did NOT get any prompt and a window of the "cmd" prompt popped up for a brief moment and went away. However after all this I still did not see any installations show up in the sound section. I then went ahead and undid the group policy settings and tried the same method and I got back to square one with a driver installed halfway. I am posting the video of my efforts in a bit . The video should be up in half an hour or so here : please see first part here www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1Dl6PaHUk8 and also the rest of it in this one -> www.youtube.com/watch?v=By5_Il7UkM8( no audio but have listed and shown all steps I tried)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  6. anytimer

anytimer Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Try this to turn off Avast. https://www.getavast.net/how-to/disable-turn-off

7. j95

j95 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Disable secure boot: Bios (F2) -> Disable "secure boot"

There's no “Test Mode” watermark

Disable driver signing:
    Code:
    bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy
    reboot -> keep holding F8 -> select "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement"

or
    Code:
    bcdedit /set testsigning on

How to disable Driver Signature enforcement on Windows 10

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
    jaybee83 and Papusan like this.
  8. epguy3

epguy3 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    there's a customized 8750.1 UAD "SBC5" Creative driver from ASRock that has Creative Software Component v2.0.0.38 driver (newer than the 2.0.0.36 version from WU) - using .38 will prevent WU from offering the .36 version

also j95 needs to do a new Realtek + Creative UAD mod based on this generic 8787.1 UAD driver from github (released near the end of August).

I'm no longer using any Realtek UAD + Nahimic 3 driver mods on my Gigabyte board and have switched to using Realtek UAD + Creative mod on there, based on the 2.0.0.38 Creative component from ASRock's 8750.1 SBC UAD driver [I use the updated 2.0.2.5 CreativeUWPService.exe file but use v2.0.0.14 of the mbapo232.dll & mbapo264.dll files to allow running the SBConnect2 uwp app as SBX720; v2.0.0.38 also contains v6.10.0.17 of the mbfilt32.sys & mbfilt64.sys files that bring back 192Khz support that was removed from the v6.10.0.16 version from the 2.0.0.33 - 2.0.0.36 Creative component releases].

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    anytimer likes this.
  9. L00K3R4

L00K3R4 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Yes and no. Soundblaster offers full function and works like a charm. But jack detection (Realtek Audio Console) oddly enough doesn't. So internal and external speakers will produce sound when using 6.0.8746.1. Haven't been able to figure out how to fix this...

10. jinwk00

jinwk00 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yes that happened to me too, apparently Realtek Audio Console won't even launch somehow...