REALTEK HD AUDIO MOD For Clevo

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by j95, Mar 23, 2018.

1. j95

j95 Notebook Deity

Reputations:

Realtek UAD 8668 WHQL
    Realtek Audio Console 1.2.174.0 UWP
    Creative UAD extensions
    Sound Blaster Connect 720° 2.2.3.0 UWP (updated .NET & VCLibs)
    SHA1:865A97E45EBE95AC0975B833A40A64EC0C6C4707

- Uninstall Realtek UAD/HDA drivers, SBC (UWP) and Realtek Audio Console (UWP), including Autoruns step "“UWP.service” (Creative) and "Realtek" audio entries
    (careful not to delete Realtek card reader entry) then reboot.

- Disable driver signature enforcement. Hold down the Shift key while you click the “Restart” option -> Select “Troubleshoot” -> Advanced options -> Startup Settings -> select “Disable driver signature enforcement” option.

- Temporarily disable AV software.

- Copy to desktop then Right-click/Run as administrator “Realtek…mod.exe”.

- When prompted (4x) select “Install driver software anyway” (UAD).

- Realtek installer, select “No, I will restart my computer later” to continue with RTK Audio Console & SBC installation.

- Finally, reboot.

- Realtek Audio Console -> disable "Power Management".

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    Dennismungai and FTW_260 like this.
  2. j95

j95 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  3. j95

j95 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Last edited: May 3, 2019
    Papusan likes this.
  4. j95

j95 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Last edited: May 3, 2019
    Papusan likes this.
  5. varunreeves

varunreeves Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hello @j95 . Sorry to message directly but I didn't know what else to do. I have trying to install audio drivers in many different ways but none has worked so far. Something else I tried did work and so I am listing both below and requesting some advise.
    What didn't work : Please see http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...lounge-phoenix-5.826848/page-47#post-10929948

What partially worked but not from prema site :
    • Removed all realtek audio stuff ( left realtek card reader driver that I got from HID, installed.
    • Removed sound blaster and other creative products
    • Then followed the comments on this page : Realtek Audio Console can't connect to RPC service :
    Uninstall everything about realtek audio, so far what have u done. Go to https://github.com/pal1000/Realtek-UAD-generic/releases , download the zip > extract and run setup.cmd, follow the cmd instruction and restart ur PC. Now download and install the realtek uwp audio console app from store (It automatically got installed and enabled). I prefer this release bcoz it makes things so simple to install and uninstall.
    -------
    This also allowed me to install the Realtek audio which I came up and was usable. However the creative sound blaster, even though installed, wasn't doing anything on changing the settings.

Another issue with the second install ( 'what worked install') is that the 4th jack (counting from nearest to screen down) is set to headphone and when headphone is inserted, it works fine. However when headphone is unplugged, I have to manually switch playback devices to 'speakers' to get audio from the speakers. Apart from these two issues, the headphone sound etc is good​

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
    j95 and jaybee83 like this.
  6. epguy3

epguy3 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    hi j95

Sound Blaster Connect 720° UWP app updated to version 2.2.10.0 from MS store in June 2019

j95 likes this.
  7. j95

j95 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    @varunreeves

Clevo Mod Installation:

Run DDU (latest version) to uninstall previous version. Select “Audio” -> Realtek -> uninstall without rebooting, and then set “Creative” option, finally reboot.

You must disable both driver signing and any anti-virus software before installing driver mods.

Copy Realtek…exe to the desktop and then right click “run as administrator”

When prompted (4x) select “Install driver software anyway”

Exit realtek Installer without rebooting to complete RTK Audio console and SBC installation.

After rebooting, disable and re-enable “Jack detection when device is plugged in” (Realtek Audio Console advanced settings).
    Disable Power management

Realtek UAD 8746.1 (1903 Build 18362.239)
    [​IMG]

Realtek_UAD_6.0.1.8746.1_Creative_SBC_UWP_Clevo_Mod (full package)

Realtek UAD 8746.1 WHQL
    Realtek Audio Console 1.3.185.0 UWP
    Creative UAD extensions
    Sound Blaster Connect 720° 2.2.10.0 UWP
    SHA1: FDBEE571CE1D769631F3FDD4E3BD6834F9058E73

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
    anytimer and jaybee83 like this.
  8. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    question: where to download the MOD for Clevo models/Audio hardware IDs not listed on the Prema website? or how to add them manually? thanks in advance :)

j95 likes this.
  9. varunreeves

varunreeves Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Please look at my reply above to the "What worked for me section" I have listed the page I found during my google search for driver downloads. I then went to the github url as described in on THAT page. I repaste the relevant part again below :
    Go to https://github.com/pal1000/Realtek-UAD-generic/releases , download the zip > extract and run setup.cmd, follow the cmd instruction and restart ur PC. Now download and install the realtek uwp audio console app from store (It automatically got installed and enabled). I prefer this release bcoz it makes things so simple to install and uninstall.
    That is what I did and it worked for me.

I also retried the steps as j95 mentions above for his drivers and matched his instructions. My finding is that the latest driver mod goes through the initial install without errors ( even though all the last three newest ones just before this one gives the same memory error I listed above) but it does not show the realtek audio installer OR the sound blaster installer at all. I am thinking of making a small video showing the steps I did and paste the link here so @j95 can see what is going on and advise accordingly.

Also, please note that I am using the windows version 10 pro is the one that I got from UltraMale's modded windows.

j95 and jaybee83 like this.
  10. anytimer

anytimer Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Installed this driver after upgrading to 1903 from 1809. Everything works, but the Creative Audio Effects Component is showing driver version 2.0.0.14. Latest version on the clevo website is 2.0.0.36. I was previously using 2.0.0.33. What am I doing wrong?

creative.png

j95 likes this.