REALTEK HD AUDIO MOD For Clevo

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by j95, Mar 23, 2018.

1. andrewff2

andrewff2 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:

Weird sound blaster connect does not start with windows what can i do to make it start with it?!

j95 likes this.
  2. j95

j95 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Realtek UAD 8553 WHQL
    [​IMG]

Realtek UAD 8553 WHQL
    Realtek Audio Console 1.2.144.0.UWP
    Creative Speaker EQ For Clevo 1.01.63 WHQL
    Creative UAD extensions 2.0.0.22 WHQL
    Sound Blaster Connect 2.1.3.0 (UWP)

Settings -> Privacy -> Background Apps -> Allow 'Sound Blaster Connect' to run in the background. Also check for SBC settings under "Apps & Features".

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    Papusan likes this.
  3. j95

j95 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  4. j95

j95 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  5. sm2596

sm2596 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Thanks for putting this together @j95 :)
    I might be missing something, but I just can't seem to get it working.
    The closest I've gotten is using the EOL 8543 install, which seems to work - except none of the changes made in SBC actually do anything.
    In addition to following the instructions, I also had to disable Secure Boot to get it to show SBC, otherwise the program stayed blank when loaded.

When using the most recent version, RAC won't work (unsupported hardware), and SBC won't work even with @epguy3 's 2.0.0.14 drivers

My HWID is HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_15586540 so I've been using the modded variants, in case that matters.

j95 likes this.
  6. j95

j95 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Uploaded wrong file. Install 8569 HDA instead....until Creative updates third party software.
    Uninstall RTK drivers, SBC and Realtek console. Disable DSE & AV then copy to desktop and run as admin.

[​IMG]

sm2596 likes this.
  7. sm2596

sm2596 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    @j95 sadly that didn't work either, I'll have a play around with the FX Configurator method instead and see if I can work out where the issue lies :) Thanks for trying!

8. j95

j95 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yes it works. You're doing it wrong...

Uninstall Realtek UAD drivers, SBC (UWP) and Realtek Audio Console (UWP), including Autoruns step "“UWP.service” (Creative) and "Realtek" audio entries (careful not to delete Realtek card reader entry) then reboot.

Disable driver signature enforcement. Hold down the Shift key while you click the “Restart” option -> Select “Troubleshoot” -> Advanced options -> Startup Settings -> select “Disable driver signature enforcement” option.

Temporarily disable AV software.

Copy to desktop then Right-click/Run as administrator “Realtek_HDA_8569…mod.exe”.

When prompted (2x) select “Install driver software anyway”

Realtek installer, select “No, I will restart my computer later” to continue with SBC & connect service installation.

Finally, reboot.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  9. Lightning_-

Lightning_- Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I had the modded driver installed for a couple of months now and recently noticed it (Realtek ...) disappeared from device manager. I'm curious what could've caused it - did anyone else get the same issue?
    sound driver gone.PNG
    edit: I do see it in control panel however ctrlpanel.PNG

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    j95 likes this.
  10. sm2596

sm2596 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Those were the exact steps I followed, sorry I didn't mean to sound as if it was a fault with your drivers, I just meant it's not working for me. It happens. I've probably messed around with the driver store in the past, or there's some parts that won't be overwritten due to system permissions, I don't know.
    As I said, I'll keep tinkering to find out the reason it's not working on my computer, then share the problem in case others have a similar issue.

j95 likes this.