Really need some advice in purchasing a new gaming notebook

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by Zunexxx, Jun 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zunexxx

Zunexxx Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I am considering buying a new gaming notebook. My budget would be 2700 USD max. I could buy an alienware 18 with dual m290x or a 17 with 880m. I could also buy a asus g750jz. Currently, I am leaning towards dual m290x but I am a little worried about driver support and micro stuttering issues. SO which one would you guys recommend. I also welcome any other notebook if it's in my price range.

AW 18 : http://www.amazon.com/Alienware-ALW...&qid=1402569072&sr=8-19&keywords=alienware+18

AW 17: http://www.amazon.com/Alienware-ALW...=1402569106&sr=1-5&keywords=alienware+17+880m

ASUS :http://www.amazon.com/G750JZ-DS71-1...=1402569127&sr=1-3&keywords=alienware+17+880m

2. MrDJ

MrDJ Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
  3. Zunexxx

Zunexxx Notebook Guru

Reputations:
  4. Katagon

Katagon Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  5. TomJGX

TomJGX I HATE BGA!

Reputations:
    Well OP, it's really up to whether you want to get a single GPU or dual GPU laptop.. For single GPU, get the M17 or for the dual, I would get the Sager NP9377-S as for that price you'll get the 880M SLI...

6. Zunexxx

Zunexxx Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Would there be any issues with dual gpus. I could disable one if I ran into any problems, right? And how would the customer support be, because after purchasing something as expensive as sager, I wouldn't want to run into problems and don't get any support.

7. Zunexxx

Zunexxx Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Would sager's built quality be good, because I am a little worried about appearance. I wouldn't want to take it in front of someone and let them say what a big black boxy laptop you have. Does crossfire and sli cause a lot of hassle in gaming? Because everyone I know is saying go with a power gpu than two mid range gpus. Even though dual gpus performs better in some games.

8. MrDJ

MrDJ Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    they look a lot more plain but professional compared to the christmas tree of alienware or msi.

there are a few issues with games and sli. not all of the games suffer but some of the new AAA titles do.
    i would get a single 880

9. TomJGX

TomJGX I HATE BGA!

Reputations:
    If you have the budget, get dual GPU's.. Its extremely rare nowadays if they cause any issues.. I've stuck with 1 since I can't afford it.. However, if there was the option, I would get it for sure..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.