RB17PRO 2020

Discussion in 'Razer' started by Darkhan, May 26, 2020.

1. CitizenPanda

CitizenPanda Notebook Deity NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    Does GeForce experience update you to June or July drivers? It doesn’t on bios 1.00.

2. pitha1337

pitha1337 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    CitizenPanda likes this.
  3. Darkhan

Darkhan Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    That will work for the 300 screens? The 4k this worked but lost video during install, I had to hook up to external monitor and turn off dedicated gpu which lost 120hz and went to 60. Then the system would boot and run fine but only at 60hz without dedicated gpu enabled,

I reverted back to original driver for now to keep the 120hz option, so anyone with a 4k screen, if you decide to do this, be sure you have an external monitor available or disable dedicated gpu before installing.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  4. CitizenPanda

CitizenPanda Notebook Deity NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    Thank you! I went ahead and downloaded the driver package and installed it manually, so now Control Panel and Geforce Experience both show 451.48.

I will try not to update the BIOS ever, it doesn't seem like there is any reason to. I'm undervolted and I can sustain gaming and stress tests with no thermal throttling. Did you update yours for a specific reason?

pitha1337 likes this.
  5. pathfindercod

pathfindercod Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Ok so I received my 2020 17 Pro 4k 120hz machine Friday. Just had a chance to take it out of the box. Holy S$%^T this screen is BEAUTIFUL. It reminds me of the OLED screen I had in my 13r3 AW. The refresh rate and screen res is amazing. It is the MacBook Pro of windows machines no doubt. Fantastic quality and feel.

Darkhan likes this.
  6. MagillaGorilla

MagillaGorilla Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Can someone that has flashed the 2080 Super Max Q vbios from the 2020 RBPro17 to the Blade 15 Advanced help me confirm something?

- I flashed the vbios just fine, no errors etc.. - I even see the "this vbios is not for your system" message on startup..

However, when I check GPUZ, my clocks appear to be the same as the Stock vbios for the Blade 15..

I'd appreciate it if someone can please take a screenshot of their GPU-Z on their flashed Blade 15 Advanced so I can compare?

Thanks!

7. Cerreta28

Cerreta28 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I had the same issue I was getting the same scores with the flash as the stock bios

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. pitha1337

Reputations:
    Nice that is also work for you. I always try to keep my device up to date and I see that other notebook manufactures are also eliminating undervolting. I guess that is what we have to live with in the future. I repasted with liquid metal so my temperatures are just perfect. Under full load my GPU is 70°C and my CPU 78-80°C. It also help to lift up the back of the notebook a bit so more air can be used by the fans.

Currently I have an issue in dedicated GPU mode that the screen goes black when I unplug the power cable. A have opened a ticket by razer. Besides that I notice that he palm rest is heating up a bit when gaming for a longer session. Can someone confirm that? It gets a bit sweaty.

9. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    The aluminum chassis acts like a giant heatsink so it will get warm under a sustained load. A cooling pad might help.

10. pitha1337

Reputations:
    Thx for the answer. I noticed that it stays cooler when the battery is not charging. Is there any way to configure the battery settings e.g. Do Not load when at 80% or something like this?