Razor Blade Stealth - 12.5", i7-6500U, $999

Discussion in 'Razer' started by aethelbert, Jan 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eason

Eason Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    It probably doesn't exhibit undue drain, it's just the size of the battery plus the screen. I still think those screens are such a huge miscalculation. Razer will never admit it, but saying they chose those bezel screen because it was the highest quality was compete horse ****. The qhd is just as inaccurate as any other display and the response times on BOTH panels are apparently terrible, according to notebookcheck. So what are these high-res screens they have good for?

2. Derek712

Derek712 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    The 4k panel is wide gamut. NBC measured 85% aRGB, which is really good. I'm assuming that 4k panel was a little bigger than the others.

3. shadowarachh

shadowarachh Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  4. Derek712

Reputations:
  5. Raidriar

Raidriar ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Reputations:
    Well lets do some quick math here....
    10% student discount: 0.1 * 1399 = 139.9 ~ 140$

So I'm gonna assume it's the student discount.

6. theaccountformalyknownas

theaccountformalyknownas Newbie

Reputations:
    Picked one up at the Microsoft Store... (because the new Razer store in SF isn't open yet!)

I'll do a write up in a while. But here's my take. The Chroma keyboard is awesomely silly. The 4K screen is gorgeous, but also a little silly. The battery isn't as good as the dell XPS13, and the bezel is lots bigger...

And its sleek and beautiful, the battery is far better than my old laptop (a 13" 7330 sager, that now manages 1 hour and just had its hinge shear off at long last). Its nice and light, its powerful enough for my day-to-day work so far (I do a decent amount of CAD and similar stuff), not as fast as my Sager with its GTX735m, but the core will cover that when i finally put the sager to sleep (its now taking the role of work desktop). I'm also not expecting the RBS to be used for gaming, I have a desktop for that, the Core will be nice for CAD and multiple screens.

But as much as anything, I got this because I believe in Razer's engineering. I work in product development, I know how hard it is to do this stuff. The vast majority of my colleagues have Mac's, and I now have a laptop that I can proudly put down on the table without ever expecting to explain why I bought it.

And frankly, Dell doesn't need my money. Razer does, and they deserve it.

hmscott likes this.
  7. shadowarachh

shadowarachh Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    it was. sorry. it's still a better price than on the razer store. that and a 30 day return policy so i bought one.

hmscott likes this.
  8. Derek712

Reputations:
    Read an article today that the core might cost $500. Yikes...

hmscott likes this.
  9. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  10. eba0922

eba0922 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Please tell me nobody is considering buying the core for $500 (+ the cost of a graphics card)! I would much rather spend the same amount or less on a dedicated gaming PC at home!

Stealth has poor battery life? Yeah this was to be expected. I actually tried to warn you guys about this earlier in the thread. Besides the poor battery life and huge bezel, I think the stealth is a cool machine!

hmscott likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.