Razor Blade Stealth - 12.5", i7-6500U, $999

Discussion in 'Razer' started by aethelbert, Jan 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aethelbert

aethelbert Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    All signs seem to indicate Razer will launch a new device at CES soon. This will feature an i7-6500U and Intel HD graphics. Supposedly it will feature a 1440p display and external graphics as well.

What do you guys think?

Full specs:
    • 12.5-inch QuadHD (2,560 x 1,440) resolution touchscreen
    • Chroma-lit keyboard
    • A model with a 4K touchscreen is also available.
    • 0.52-inches thick
    • 2.75 pounds
    • Two USB 3.0 ports
    • USB-C Thunderbolt 3 port.
    • Intel Core i7-6500U dual-core processor
    • 8GB of RAM
    • 128GB/256GB (QuadHD display model)
    • 256GB/512GB (Ultra HD display model)
    • Intel HD Graphics 520. image.jpeg image.jpeg

2. Nivaku

Nivaku Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I like the idea, but the bezels are a really big turn off. Should be thin bezels similar to the Dell XPS 13. Probably similar with screen size also, is it possible that IGZO panels come with that size only?

I really hope they refresh their Razer Blade 14 line, as I'm more interested in that

3. pau1ow

pau1ow Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I definitely like the concept, but the 6500U will definitely be a bottleneck in hi-fps games :(

4. aethelbert

aethelbert Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The same reason the Alienware 13 interested me until I saw it had a ULV CPU. Hopefully this can find its way onto the Blade 14.

5. Makyura

Makyura Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Looks decent, but I still believe that if you want desktop performances you will need a desktop PC, even a "small" one, or a bulky notebook like MSI GT82 or similar devices, so I wouldn't really buy this considering the external desktop GPU an option; 6500U and 8GB of RAM look "bottlenecky" for intensive work tasks and gaming (altho 8gb of RAM might be enough for it).

The whole ultrapowerful ultrabook idea is cool tho, and the 999$ version is kinda cheap considering what's inside of it.

Regarding gaming, Razer Blade 14" is still my n. 1 option from this brand.

6. Templesa

Templesa Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    This absolutely bare minimum should've had Iris 540 (the one with 64mb of dedicated L4 cache and double the shaders) in it. I would've bought it today if it did. I'm still interested, but it's going to cost me the same as regular Blade by the time I really get done with configuration of an expensive port + GPU. And I'd still have to make do with a dual core...

Now imagine the Razer not throttling that i7... Huge missed opportunity.

7. Eason

Eason Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I know it doesn't make sense, but I kinda want to trade my 2015 QHD+ Razer Blade for a Stealth ._.

8. IKAS V

IKAS V Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Really like the concept but like others wish it had better CPU, does anyone have any hard numbers of just how limiting that is?
    It would be awesome if the dock was compatible with other thunderbolt supported laptops and not only the stealth, it would be worth buying as a stand alone unit itself if that were the case.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  9. PyroDonkey

PyroDonkey Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

Here's a good video
    showing how cpu bottlenecks can affect performance when using a Titan X. The Blade Stealth's CPU won't perform as high as the 6100, but it's an interesting video, nonetheless.

10. IKAS V

IKAS V Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Thanks for the video.
    Not sure how much that applies to this laptop since those are all using desktop CPU's.
    Maybe a AW13 owner that has a amplifier can answer better but just trying to figure out all the benefits of what a low voltage dual core CPU and desktop GPU brings to the table.
    I think a TITAN X might be a bit too much GPU, any ideas what might be a decent match for this particular CPU?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.