Razer laptops reliabilty

Discussion in 'Razer' started by AlphaScorpii, Jun 11, 2020.

1. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Never buy anything from Razer directly. I would only slightly more recommend their fleBay store front because at least you would have buyer protection from them and PayPal, plus there would be the option to purchase an extended warranty via SquareTrade.

2. liftbikerun

liftbikerun Newbie

Reputations:
    Definitely disheartening, just picked up a used 2019 razer pro which is about 4 months old. It's going strong but coming from a 5 year old MacBook Pro which had absolutely zero issues and my previous MacBook pro was equally as old and equally as reliable.

I suppose we will see. Fingers crossed, luckily I have multiple computers and if this one goes in a year or two at least something better will be out by then.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

3. Ed. Yang

Ed. Yang Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Razer should be seen as one company that put on effort on designs of their own product, put on lots on monies to sell, promote, speculate their own product, yet poor on achieving high scores on product qualities, and poor on after sales service qualities.

Terreos likes this.
  4. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Is this then an April joke :elvis:
    149E4BE7-DB86-4AF4-A653-B4CE8523FDD4.jpeg

5. Ed. Yang

Ed. Yang Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Hmmm... Keyboard and Voice support huh... In comparison to face to face customer technical service and "behind the counter" technical service, Typing and Voice service values are lower.

6. Shark00n

Shark00n Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    "Our actual support and repair center might suck but by golly we'll butter you up thru phone or chat"

Meanwhile I finally sent my Blade Pro back in. After another cool 1.5 months of waiting around with a badly fixed laptop (they replaced my 240Hz screen with a 144Hz one).
    It's already repaired and on the way back.

So what was the hold up? Someone at some point (must've talked with 10 different tech support people) escalated this to a senior engineer that was either on vacation or had already left the company. This was because I asked for a replacement unit, as I thought, and told them, I really just wanted whichever solution was fastest and didn't understand why my unit had to go in for a 2nd repair in such a short time.

For almost 3 weeks I got the same message every 48 hrs. "We're working on it".

Then I asked what the hell was going on, can't they just repair it?!
    Next day I had shipping info and the laptop went...

I can't even...

But hey! I got offered a mouse mat. Which I refused, felt insulted. Then they gave me a 50€ discout code from the shop... Again, super helpful...
    I wonder what happens to my warranty, or if I can ask for an extension. Been at this since March without being able to use it properly.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
    SimplyJ3sse, build6 and saturnotaku like this.
  7. TheodoreT

TheodoreT Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Apparently it is :D, sorry but I couldn't resist...:)

This polling is good to make an impression but when it come to the real thing, not really.

Hahahahha, that's true their chat and calling center is perfect but the actual repair center not even close.

I am on my 6th month, 4 repairs, 2 switched screens, a replacement unit, a lot of exchanging messages (if you have talked with 10 different tech support people then I should be over 20+, at least 5 were from the escalation team which I wonder what makes them the "escalation team" since they do not make any difference from the others), a lot of "We're working on it." messages and still counting.....:p

Right now I have it as my fun project and let's see when and how it will end up. It is a circus, I was sending them videos and recordings of the the problem and they were telling me that these noises are due to the fans, which were idle and due to my mouse wheel while no mouse was plugged in, go figure o_O.

I hope you get your unit fixed properly though :).

8. Terreos

Terreos Royal Guard

Reputations:
    I have dealt with Dell((no idea why Alienware has its own column since they’re the same company)), HP, MSI, Apple, and Razer. And I can say with confidence that I would rate them from best to worst as Apple, MSI, Dell, Razer, and HP. Apple has bar none the quickest phone support and it’s someone that is in the same country as me. MSI was very fast with online emails and had a quick turn around time for a bad motherboard. Dell is easy to return and they’re website is very easy to navigate. Razer is a far cry from even dell. Takes 2-3 days to get a response. They always claim they’re working on it. And they’re just a headache. Atleast they’re better than HP. Never buy an HP. :confused: