Razer laptops reliabilty

Discussion in 'Razer' started by AlphaScorpii, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Ed. Yang

Ed. Yang Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Well, you know, some reviews, consumer products especially, can most of the time be paid reviews...

Biker Gremling likes this.
  2. Makyura

Makyura Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I've been buying Razer laptops since 2015, had more problems than I wanted to, but service got 100 times better, so pay attention to the date of the complains you are reading.

Darkhan likes this.
  3. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I frequent the Razer subreddit, and based on the complaints there, the service has not improved one iota.

etern4l likes this.
  4. Makyura

Makyura Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'd bet that in these past years the amount of laptops they are selling as grown by one or two orders of magnitude, so did reddit usage, we'd need some more statistics than the amount of complaints, imho.

I'm judging on my experience of RMAing an average of 3 times evey 2015, 2016 and 2017 RB. 1 time the 2018, 0 times the 2019. Average RMA time going from about a month to about two weeks as well.

Chat support now, compared to 1 email per day response they used to offer too!

5. Biker Gremling

Biker Gremling Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    1 email per day... that was oof-tastic. But good to hear Razer is improving tho. I've never owned one of their laptops, but some peripherals instead. Everything I've purchased from them has either stopped working or fallen apart. However, things I purchased after 2019 have been holding very well.

Enviado desde mi GM1913 mediante Tapatalk

6. phusho

phusho Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'vo got two '18 RB15 with 1070, one with fried mobo and one with exploded adapter. Both from amazon and just returned them with full refund.

7. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Amazon great in term refund. if you remember me, I’m owner from same model first EU batch with black vapor chamber think I win the roulette game still working great as day one playing Witcher and GTAV online. There was ac adapter issue on this model fortunately I didn’t have one and it’s literally 24/7 plugged on the wall mostly, since on the go I use lighter ultrabook. Fried mobo maybe I missed it but on Reddit I try to see some battery swelling issue like on old stealth and blade 14, not sure if it’s battery quality matter or user matters, since I cleaned fans radiator 6 every half year and repasting every two, same stealth 2016 and blade 14 2015 as well no battery pregnancy or exploded MoBo.

Darkhan likes this.
  8. phusho

phusho Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yes I remember, the MoBo thing, I presume is because of faulty adapter again. First one was with black vapor chamber, it was the one with MoBo problem, second one was with copper chamber. Adapter cable just fell apart and shortened with big beautiful explosion, causing electrical failure of entire house electric system :D. So I put both in same wagon - bad luck. Now I am with Dell XPS which had the ****iest BIOS ever.

Papusan likes this.
  9. Shark00n

Shark00n Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I started my RMA process for a Blade Pro in April for a screen issue.

One month to get it accepted to RMA.
    Got fixed quickly, in a week it was back.
    Wrong screen installed. Got a 144Hz when I had 240Hz unit.
    Month and a half has passed and they still won't give me the shipping order to send it back.
    Been tossed around, already talked with around 10 different people from support.

Still don't have a working machine.

IMO they can f**k right off. Should've bought the laptop thru Amazon.

10. MSGaldenzi

MSGaldenzi Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Anyone have any feedback on their refurbished products from the razer store? Do they actually fix things before sending them out... like swollen batteries, bad adapters, etc...

I ordered a stealth from the outlet about 1 year ago and it came with several dead pixels on the screen. I had to argue with the support for them to issue me an RMA and they wanted me to pay return shipping citing that dead pixels (even in a few in the dead center of the screen) did not automatically warrant a return. I thought this was a fluke.