Razer gaming mice

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by CastlBravo, Jan 16, 2021.

1. CastlBravo

CastlBravo Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    IIRC, Razor gaming mice (along with LogiTech MX518s) are standard excellent gaming mice.

Is that still true?
    Are the Razors made in Taiwan?

Thanks.

2. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Razer has good hardware. Most people hate the software for being bloated and unstable. I've never had a problem but understand the complaints.

3. CastlBravo

CastlBravo Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thanks saturnotaku.

Are they still made in Taiwan (anywhere but China)? I checked the Amazon page (I'll buy from NewEgg) and couldn't find a COO (Country-of-Origin).

I have an MX518 that has been great for over a decade (except the wheel is a bit sloppy), but its developing a minor short where it won't hold-and-drag. I'll fix it someday, but I think I will put it up as my backup mouse and try the Razer.

4. skandal

skandal Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It depends on the model you are getting. The new ones are pretty solid, Deathadder V2 is my current mouse and it's a very good mouse.
    As @saturnotaku said, the software is a bit bloated, but you don't need to run it all the time. Just set some profiles and you are good :)

5. CommanderBrot

CommanderBrot Newbie

Reputations:
    At least my Deathadder Chroma says "Made in China" on the bottom, butr I don't know how old it is.
    Excellent mouse btw. Used to have a Habu (Microsoft Mouse with Razer tech) for several years, mainly heavy office use.
    Had to throw it away earlier this year because of a faulty DPI-switch, so I bought this hardly used Deathadder Chroma.

6. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I'm officially done with Razer. My account got corrupted and I couldn't sign in. Now they want all kinds of personal information in order to reset it. I've replaced my keyboard and mouse with a Glorious GMMK and Model D-, respectively. They've made major improvements to the design and stabilizers on the keyboard, which I'm very happy to see. The mouse I received suffered from the same squeaky scroll wheel that I've seen others complain about, but a couple drops of PTFE Super Lube seems to have resolved it. The lack of quality control there is disappointing given how good the keyboard is, but at least it was a relatively simple fix. We'll see how long it lasts.

Spartan@HIDevolution and Papusan like this.
  7. krabman

krabman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It should be a crime, the account crap they pull. No amount of good hardware can overcome that level of scumbaggery; say no to these people.

Spartan@HIDevolution likes this.