razer edge pro refresh or razer blade?

Discussion in 'Razer' started by ronaldheld, Jun 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronaldheld

ronaldheld Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I realize that they are not quite comparable but I thought I would ask here. Is it worth giving up the tablet mode for the larger screen resolution and better GPU? I would think the weights (edge pro+keyboard dock) would be close. Not certain about battery life for both?

2. thetruth1983

thetruth1983 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    It depends on your usage since they serve different purposes. I use both a Blade R1 and an edge (and a bunch of other things that I won't mention). I love surfing the net at work on the 17 inch screen. I tried using the Edge with the dock at work and it just didn't work for me. I got tired of squinting at the 10 inch 1366 screen (using a keyboard and mouse). Now when I'm home, my Blade almost never gets used and I mostly use the Edge. With the gamepad, I can play games in places that would never be possible for me with the Blade. I'm not sure about the battery life of the Blade r3 but I get about 3 hours on my blade. I use my Edge for strictly gaming and I can get around 2 hours of playtime using the extended battery in the gamepad.

3. ronaldheld

Reputations:
    Thanks. Iooked more carefully at the Blade specs and noticed no ethernet port. That tends to eliminate the Blade for now. I still would like to hear more opinions since the Edge refresh is not imminent.

4. r4st3r

r4st3r Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  5. ronaldheld

Reputations:
    Thanks for that information.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.