Razer Edge and Edge Pro Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by johnnobts, Apr 3, 2013.

1. eric13

eric13 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    believe me in few years it will be crawling with likes of razer edge that ipega controller fits thinkpad and pretty much is somthing like razer edge controller so i think depending on price you made right invesment by selling this overpriced junk lol my battery died on me dont know how much i must spend for this junk to work properly for few months without getting broken

2. beatlep

beatlep Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Playing Assassins Creed Unity for PC

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2015
  3. proper158

proper158 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Tried to boot my edge and all I get is the razer logo. Any idea how to hard reset it? I held down the power button but got nothing. Right now gonna let the battery die.

4. reloader-1

reloader-1 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Should have posted this before, but I am selling both of my Razer Edge Pro 256gb and EVERY single accessory released, including the docks, all in separate auctions on eBay. They end tonight and tomorrow, wanted the community to get a crack at them.

5. eric13

Reputations:
    changed termal paste on my edge temps went down by 10 c but still can't get it ti be stable with alien game when i am playing on battery with ac power i am able to reach 800 mhz i guess i am getting undervolted when on battery tried to put eeryhing on max performance still no go :( btw if youw ant to pass 135 oc limiter use this mod it works briliantly http://forum.notebookreview.com/sony/677079-sony-vaio-s-bios-mod-gt640m-le-182.html#post9227365

also the way they designed cooling thing is another joke both gpu and cpu use same heatsink :facepalm:

beatlep likes this.
  6. beatlep

beatlep Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I managed to overclock the gpu to 885/1000 on battery, not bad at all :thumbsup:

7. proper158

Reputations:
    How did you go about doing this?

8. beatlep

beatlep Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Using NvidiaInspector

Windows 8 - Updated Official BIOS - Latest Nvidia Beta Driver Overclock Workaround

First you open nvidiainspector and click "Create Clocks Shortcut"

Then you modify the Target Path in Properties to whatever specs you want with the format below:

Ok this is exactly what the path in the shortcut for the Overclock should be

Overclock:

C:\nvidiaInspector\nvidiaInspector.exe -forcepstate:0,0 -setGpuClock:0,1,1000 -setMemoryClockOffset:0,0,100

That's for 1000/1000 Mhz
    If you want 950/1000 MHz you change what values XXXX are to 950 "-setGpuClock:0,1,XXXX"

If you want to up the Memory Clocks just do it with the slider in nvidiainspector.

Default:

C:\nvidiaInspector\nvidiaInspector.exe -forcepstate:0,16 -setMemoryClockOffset:0,0,0

Sets the GPU clock to back to default GPU Clock to 500 MHz and the Memory Clock to 900 MHz

Think of the shortcuts as Overclock and Default for ON and OFF

9. eric13

Reputations:
    i can reach 850 too with injustice game for example but alien is no go it simply tortures both gpu and cpu since they both use same heatsink temp goes way up. so in order to play this game with good oc i need extra cooling. did you tried your oc with ailen ? and can you share your temps what was average and max ? seems you got lucky with your gpu no wonder you like it but not everyone is so lucky

10. proper158

Reputations:
    Thanks for that info.