Razer Edge and Edge Pro Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by johnnobts, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Negumo

Negumo Newbie

Reputations:
    Interesting... I´ll check this...

Thank you so much thetruth1983... Today I´ll try the new Gauntlet game : )

2. beatlep

beatlep Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Playing Dead Rising 3 for PC

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2015
  3. beatlep

beatlep Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Playing CRYSIS 1,2 & 3 for PC.
    Funny that Crysis 1 have the worst performance :D

4. proper158

proper158 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Keyboard dock broke again...completely unresponsive like the first defect.

5. Kvaell

Kvaell Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi Guys,

I'm here to show you my bag setup for my Razer Edge pro I7 1Tb, I know how it's hard to use the razer edge without accessories (like keyboard, or docking station to get it up) but I've made a custom bag with some accessories. I'm going to show you how it looks.

I will put every link with name of each item, with pictures of course, but please, I don't care of editing picture, I've made something clear to understand, not something beautiful with some kind of visual effect.

So this is it:

I.[​IMG]

This is the Newfeel Backenger 1st 20L a really strong waterproof bag that you can hold like shoulder strap bag to backpack, really useful when you have lots of weight inside or when you have to run, and honestly I like the design, you have lots of choice about color for a honest price.

Besace et sac à dos ordinateur Backenger 100 NEWFEEL - Sacs à dos Marche quotidienne,...

II. [​IMG]

This is the Higher Ground Shuttle 2.1 11", a slim stronger waterproof bag where I put my Razer Edge pro (see after), in fact this bag is pretty unique because there is two straps that hold up the bottom of the bag, and it doesn't fall when you put the Edge on it. The back is flat so it's the best desk bag that I've found, and really tough but confortable!

Amazon.com: Higher Ground 11" Shuttle 2.1 (Black): Computers & Accessories

III. [​IMG]

This is the Razer Edge with his case, the PU Leather Folio Case Cover for Razer Edge, in fact this is the only cover case for the Razer Edge, it is designed for it with a stand for when you have to put the power supply, and holes for fans and buttons.

Amazon.com: PU Leather Folio Case Cover for Razer Edge / Razer Edge Pro 10.1' Gaming Tablet (Screen Protector Included , Keyboard NO Included): Electronics

IV. [​IMG]

There is four items:

- Perixx PERIBOARD-510H PLUS : a little usb keyboard (10" netbook like) with two built-in usb 2 hub and a integrated touchpad with two mouse click buttons. It's not the best keyboard ever, but it's little, lightweight, with 2 usb and a touchpad, it works pretty well.

Perixx PERIBOARD-510H PLUS Clavier mini avec TouchPad/Hub USB Noir: Amazon.fr: Informatique

- Perixx MX-3200, Souris laser gaming, a two way mouse, you can play with it in Wireless mod or in wired mod, there is lots of buttons, and it's the flatest gaming wired/Wireless mouse that I've found on USA/UK/EU, and it's a nice mouse, not the best but it's a pretty good mouse.

[Driver Update] Perixx MX-3200, Souris laser gaming - Mode double filaire et sans fil - Avago 5000dpi ADNS 9500 Laser Sensor - Dock de recharge avec batterie Li-ion - Antenne double avec Optimal connexion sans fil - Omron Micro Switch - Le taux de vo

- Retractable EZOPower micro USB cable, on the Perixx MX-3200 mouse, it's the classical thick usb cable, so if you want something smaller and easier to use, you have to take this kind of cable, with a round head, not a square head (thick and it doesn't fit the mouse micro usb port). This cable is long, and strong, so I think it's a good deal for not to much money.

EZOPower Câble Micro USB rétractable de transfert de données /chargeur - 1 mètres / Noir: Amazon.fr: High-tech

- ORICO W8PH4 usb 3.0 hub 4-port , a little 4 usb 3 hub, I don't know if it's the best, but it's fine, not to big, and a normal rate, but be carefull, if you plug-in a external drive, it has to be supplied by an external power supply.

ORICO W8PH4 usb 3.0 hub 4-port pour Laptop, Ultrabooks und Tablet-PC avec USB3.0 port, support Mac OS X 10.8.4: Amazon.fr: Informatique

Every single things about which I've been speaking until now fit in the Higher Ground Shuttle 2.1 11" with the Razer Edge and its power supply.

From Now on I'm going to show you how it looks:

I. Razer Edge Pro in PU Leather Folio Case Cover :

[​IMG]

II. Razer Edge pro in his case with the Perixx keyboard with one free usb port and Perixx mouse plugged-in the other:

[​IMG]

If you need more usb port, just plug-in the 4 usb 3 hub in the tablet and the keyboard to the hub, but no need to use it every time.

III. In the back Pocket of the Higher Ground Shuttle 2.1 11" I've put the power supply and the 4 usb 3 hub:

[​IMG]

IV. Now you can see how I organise it, pretty fast, pretty simple, it doesn't move at all, every things remain safe, and it's the same for opening the bag and use the Tablet in desk or tablet mod:

[​IMG]

Just to show you how I hold it, don't focus on my clothes lol :

[​IMG]

On the first picture the Razer Edge is in the bag, and after it's in my hand, it's fast to remove from it, there is only the keyboard on it, so you just have to make it slide Under while there is the strap that hold both of them.

Ok, now I show how I manage to put that bag in an other bag with my 2TB external drive (a big one with all my backup+ a lot of space for all of thing) + the old ssd drive that I've put in a box to use it as external drive:

So these are the items:

[​IMG]

- On the left you have two things

- Seagate - STCA2000200 - Backup plus, a good external TB drive

Seagate - STCA2000200 - Backup plus Desktop Disque dur externe 3,5'' USB 3.0 2 To - Noir: Amazon.fr: Informatique

- ZTC Sky Board mSATA to USB3.0 SSD Enclosure Adapter Case - Model ZTC-EN002, a box to put my old ssd drive (now I've 1TB Samsung evo)

ZTC Sky Board mSATA to USB3.0 SSD Enclosure Adapter Case - Model ZTC-EN002: Amazon.fr: Informatique

But guys, if you can find ZOTAC RAIDbox Hard Drive Enclosure mSATA for 2x mSATA Raid 0/1 USB 3.0, buy it instead!

On the right:

- FlexARMOR X Par USA, a really strong armor for tablet that I used for the two extra drive

Housse Etui Tablette Microsoft Surface 2, RT & Pro 2, Pro / Dell Venue Pro 11, XPS 10 / Acer Iconia A700 et bien plus de Tablettes: Amazon.fr: High-tech

So this is the final part, HOW TO STORE ALL THIS STUFF IN ONE BAG! Yes I know, I stored bags in a bag, but hey, after this you are sure that your stuff stay safe!

[​IMG]

There is a way to follow to be sure that everything fit well and won't move, first the desk bag, after the Razer Edge Gamepad, and finally the drive bag!

Pessimistic? Have a look :

[​IMG]

And I certifie It, it doesn't move at all, and it's really strong and secured! Now the question that you will answer me is:"That's too big, are you really willing to hold it? And I tell you this, it's not so big, in fact it's pretty slim for so much things stored into it!

See:

[​IMG]

Finally, this is the main aim of the Newfeel Backenger 1st 20L, hold everything with a touch of style, there is lots of colours, stormtrooper style that I find so nice! : Backenger 20 L Mess bag/Backpk NEWFEEL - Backpacks - On sale at Decathlon.co.uk

You can ever choose your colours to make the one you want! : MyBackenger Votre sac personnalisable

Hope that will help someone, I've tried lots of bags, case, etc... but this is the best way that I've found. By the way I'm sorry for your eyes, I may have made some grammar mistakes, I'm French, and I have written so much that I'm too lazy to correct anything.

Cheers from France

P.S: Sorry for French links, but I'm sure that you will find the same items on your country, it's just a way to let you see what I'm talking about.

6. beatlep

beatlep Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Playing Ryse Son of Rome for PC

Yes, we can :D

7. beatlep

beatlep Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Final Fantasy XIII for PC

8. Ravenholme

Ravenholme Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hey guys, haven't been on in sometime im not going to scroll back 90+ pages on my phone to catch up, I miss anything? Any of you need that how to post on the edge? (I can try and find it lol)

– Ravenholme
    ——
    Razer Edge Pro [Upgraded] - Intel Core i7-3517U 1.9ghz | 16GB RAM | Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235 | Samsung SSD 840 EVO 1TB mSATA | Windows 8.1U 64-bit

9. RazerCS

RazerCS Company Representative

Reputations:
    "As of 1st July 2014, the Razer Edge and most of its accessories have sold out and are no longer available for sale. Some cables and power supplies may be available at Buy Gaming Grade Accessories - Official Razer Online Store (United States) /
    If you need technical support with your Razer Edge, you can contact us at Razer Contact Us and we will be happy to assist you.
    "

10. proper158

proper158 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I've been debating on whether I buy the Razer Blade 14 but after my experience with Razer crapping out on the Edge... I'm not so sure anymore.