Razer Edge and Edge Pro Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by johnnobts, Apr 3, 2013.

1. eric13

eric13 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    my razer tablet win't charge for some readon controller and battery inside of it works but main one doesn't. first it didn't charge or booted then controllers dock worked and device opened but it won't charge any help ? razer is real junk btw this stupid thing was a pure headache nothing more and i swear to god i won't buy any razer product how the hell this junk company still exists is beyond me

2. Valena

Valena Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I actually do like razer quite a bit, but they inevitable lose points for their not even selling award winning and extremely necessary 'accessories' for the razer edge. That being said, email or call them - their email support has been good, and this is exactly the sort of thing they've helped with. They've also let me send in the device once or twice and helped me with it for free. They'll do the same for you.

Btw all, I'm trying to find a good and speedy way to display the razer edge pro's screen on an hdtv or even a monitor. Does USB 3.0 have any advantages over straight HDMI-HDMI like my laptop can do, for example? What might you guys recommend (you can presume I have access to a monitor as well)?

3. Negumo

Negumo Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi there Friends, sorry for my poor English : )

Well, I recently bought the Razer Edge Pro system, and I´m very sad about some issues so I hope you can help me. I bought it to an eBay user, and the system had users and software installed from latest ownor so I proceed to format and make a new clean Win 8.1 installation. After this I installed drivers from the Razer Edge support page. Issues I found:

- Baterry Issue: Sometimes the primary battery is not detected and the tablet goes to hibernation mode. I call this issue the "Spontaneus Hibernation Issue".
    - Graphic controllers Issue: After installing all Windows 8.1 drivers I realized That I had two controllers: Intel Graphics and NVIDIA, and allways the first one is the main controller. Is this correct? But when I connect to a TV by hdmi dock port, I seems that the Tvout is managed by the Nvidia controller, and the main monitor is managed by the Intel Graphics controller... I think that Nvidia controller should be the main controller for anything, am I wrong??? I call this issue: "The mysterious twin controllers".
    - And the last one. RAM issue. After all format and installing proccess I realized that only 4Gb of Ram Memory is detected by the OS(64Bytes OS). When I access the BIOS system, It shows that only 4Gb is connected. Can this be a chipset controller problem? I call this issue: "The stolen RAM memory".

Could someone help me with this mysterious issues??? : )

Thanks in advance.

4. Negumo

Negumo Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi there! "The Stolen Memory RAM" issue finally fixed. I opened the Razer Edge and found that the memory module was unplugged! So I plugged in to the socket and now it works : )

5. eric13

Reputations:

6. eric13

Reputations:
    thanks for answer i sent the email and also want to ask how was your issue solved ? i brought my gamepad to life by simply updating firmware, now there isn't one for the tablet itself sadly and i am sure it could help cause it looks like software issue to me

7. thetruth1983

thetruth1983 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:

There are plenty of USB 3.0 display docks but they are CPU driven. They will be useful for simple office tasks like word processing but you will not be able to use the 640M LE that way. The only way to get the best gaming experience when hooked to a HDTV is to connect via HDMI-HDMI and the only to do that with the Edge is to find the Razer desktop dock =(

8. thetruth1983

Reputations:
    One controller is for the Intel 4000 and the other is for the 640M LE. The 640M should kick in either when you have it connected via HDMI or when you load up a game. There is an option in the NVIDIA control panel that lets you force it to always use the 640M if that's what you want to do. Some games might not make it switch automatically so it's useful to know that option anyway. The intel is there to save battery life and for doing simpler things that don't require the 640M such as watching youtube.

9. Negumo

Negumo Newbie

Reputations:
    Thank you so much!

Graphic controllers and RAM memory isues fixed. What about the Spontaneus hibernation? Did you hear something about this?

Thank in advance! : )

10. thetruth1983

Reputations:
    The only hibernation I know of is when you hold your hand over one of the sensors in the upper left portion of the Edge. If it's going into hibernation by itself without you doing anything strange, it might just be defective.