Razer Edge and Edge Pro Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by johnnobts, Apr 3, 2013.

1. A.Lias

A.Lias Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I've installed an AC7260, but it hasn't helped much. Turned off the power saving setting (it began with a "u") and enabled HT. Still no dice.

Sent using Tapatalk

2. Kaybree Lady

Kaybree Lady Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yep, unfortunately I saw the writing on the wall and sold my Edge Pro. I didn't want to, but I always felt like they didn't really care about supporting the tablet. I had to buy a dock on Ebay and we all know that the prices are gouged. The edge is a great concept for niche gamers, just a shame they didn't support it.

3. pauldmartin

pauldmartin Newbie

Reputations:
    Deleted.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
  4. Valena

Valena Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My apologies, but I'm not much of a reddit user. We have a Razer Edge Pro and we're a part of the group that was screwed out of a keyboard dock. -1 for Razer.

Do you guys know of any other good keyboard docks? Or perhaps any good stands, or more importantly a way to hook it up to my HDTV for more serious gaming? (We have company over and we'd love to be able to use it.)

5. mfriedenfeld

mfriedenfeld Newbie

Reputations:
    As far as Keyboards, any standard Bluetooth or USB keyboard will work, you probably wont find one that works as a docking station as well unless you can find one built into a case large enough to house the edge pro behemoth. Additionally, in order to properly stand up, you would either need to be blocking the power connector or if you invert it, you'll be blocking the usb forcing you to use bluetooth.

Valena, unfortunately, if you want to hook your tablet up to your HDTV, the only option you have is to purchase the Razer brand docking station as a USB3 docking station isn't going to cut it if you need any kind of FPS. I got lucky and got one for like 350 on ebay a few months ago, unfortunately I'm sure they are more now. For work however, I use a belkin docking station as I need two monitor hookups and I hate USB -> DVI converters. It's a bit pricey though. Windows 8 Tablet Dual Video Docking Stand with USB 3.0

Hope that helps.

6. jroper73

jroper73 Newbie

Reputations:
  7. beatlep

beatlep Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Playing Super Mario Galaxy 2 WII

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2015
  8. Valena

Reputations:
    Seriously though, has anyone been able to find any of those keyboard docks for the Razer Edge? I've been looking for months, and since my last post I found that I can't return the Razer Edge Pro through amazon, so I am rather boned.

If anyone has some ideas as to where to find one or has any further suggestions, I'm all ears. (Hoping to avoid the $200 belkin stand idea, mfried, but thanks a ton for that backup plan!)

9. thetruth1983

thetruth1983 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I bought mine back in December and I only saw it for sale once more after that (in January). At this point, eBay is your only option and even though there are none on there now, the ones I've seen before sold for as high as $700. If it makes you feel any better, it's not a great keyboard dock at all. It misses key presses and the keys are tiny as hell. It's really only good for protecting your Edge when transporting and adding a couple more low power USB ports. You could always rig up a case with a logitech k810 because at this point, it's almost impossible to find the keyboard dock even if you are willing to spend some serious $$$.

ronaldheld likes this.
  10. Valena

Reputations:
    I...was unaware that it sucked. Thank you for the tip, but what do you mean rig up a case with it? My next step is go to Best Buy with the tablet in hand so I can sort of hold up some tablet stuff to it and see if it fits/will work. If you have any better ideas, then I'm all for it.

(It's so irksome to hold all that power in my hands and be unable to use it properly)