Razer Edge and Edge Pro Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by johnnobts, Apr 3, 2013.

1. nluna75

nluna75 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thats really weird. Have you tried to go back to 8 and see if the video works? If it works then it has to be a driver issue relating to 8.1. Mine works great on 8.1 with no issues. If I were you i would redo the whole process over again. I know that sucks but its the only thing i can think of.

2. bingoboobah

bingoboobah Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    That's what Razer support suggested to me. I tried doing that with a Win 8 USB stick I made, but no joy. I guess I'll have to wait for the Razer boot stick that support are sending me.

3. nluna75

Reputations:
    That should work. I have one also and that's what i use.

4. bingoboobah

Reputations:
    Strange. Any chance you could let me know what driver versions you have for Nvidia and Intel GPU's?

5. nluna75

Reputations:
    I have the drivers from the Razer website. I upgraded the drivers after i got everything up and running. It may have to do with using a new copy of 8.1 instead of the Razer backup.

6. bingoboobah

Reputations:
    Oh you used a Win 8.1 USB stick? I created a Win 8 stick. Maybe I'll give that a go. Thanks!

7. bingoboobah

Reputations:
    Well that didn't work! Guess I'll wait for the Razer USB stick

8. perry1mm

perry1mm Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I recently got a Razer USB stick to clean-wipe everything as I didn't have a recovery partition after upgrading to Windows 8.1. My device was mostly working properly outside of some driver issues and needing to clear out a bunch of stuff, so I figured the USB stick would work great. I used it and it locked my BIOS and made the EFI Shell default to load anything.

The only thing I can do in the BIOS is disable boot options, but I can't re-order them or boot from them without going into Windows, choosing to restart from recovery mode, and choosing to load off of a device (that's also the only way I can get into the BIOS, no hotkeys work before startup).

This seems really strange to me. Is there any reason this would be happening? I have been using the tablet the last few days and it works fine, but it's really annoying knowing I can't easily access the BIOS, change options (not that there are that many), and that Razer's own USB stick caused the problem. I even get an error if I try to change anything in the BIOS, which then just exits and restarts the Edge Pro.

9. Ravenholme

Ravenholme Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I believe the windows button and the down volume gets into the bios and the windows button up goes to the boot options on the tablet. As for hdmi out issues I upgraded to windows 8.1u and used razer's drivers from their site and never had that issue. I upgraded that sucker awhile back too

– Ravenholme
    ——
    Razer Edge Pro [Upgraded] - Intel Core i7-3517U 1.9ghz | 16GB RAM | Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235 | Samsung SSD 840 EVO 1TB mSATA | Windows 8.1U 64-bit

10. perry1mm

perry1mm Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Yeah, I've had the Edge since last summer and never had a problem until using the USB recovery stick. I've tried everything to access the BIOS, including plugging in my keyboard and using the Function keys or delete, etc. won't access the BIOS or Boot Options. It's like the Razer stick blocked the functionality or something, enabled the EFI Shell, and locked the BIOS options. I'm guessing I should just contact Razer's support or something.