Razer Edge and Edge Pro Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by johnnobts, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Ravenholme

Ravenholme Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I haven't encountered your resolution scaling problem on my end, I'm running windows 8.1U I ran blizzard games such as Hearthstone, wow, Starcraft 2, diablo 3… and others like wildstar, dcuniverse online, marvel heroes, Mechwarrior online and castle crashers.

So we'd probably need to know what games or if you preset something in the nvidia drivers.

– Ravenholme
    ——
    Razer Edge Pro [Upgraded] - Intel Core i7-3517U 1.9ghz | 16GB RAM | Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235 | Samsung SSD 840 EVO 1TB mSATA | Windows 8.1U 64-bit

2. RollNoir

RollNoir Newbie

Reputations:
    As example stripes on: red faction guerilla, assasins creed 3, watch dog's. I think this problem with all dx10-11 games.
    Games with directx 9 same as borderlands 2, gta 4 or hl2 working fine.
    And allmost funny, when I change dx option in warthunder on dx9 problem was gone and on dx11 problem bring again.

On this video I show more details: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4t5h3t1AsU

3. DeadpoolReckoning

DeadpoolReckoning Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    nevermind. I just read your post

I still enjoy my Edge after months of having it and I was waiting for the msata to go down in price which it did.

I haven't felt like looking through the thread,

What is the best way to clone the hard drive? or should I get the recovery key?

4. Ravenholme

Ravenholme Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    You'll need a USB to msata enclosure and hook up the new drive to the USB port. The clone software should detect the drive. Samsung has cloning software for their evo 840 (and msata series of those) drives on the samsung site so all you have to do is download it (hardware specific) and just follow the instructions.

– Ravenholme
    ——
    Razer Edge Pro [Upgraded] - Intel Core i7-3517U 1.9ghz | 16GB RAM | Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235 | Samsung SSD 840 EVO 1TB mSATA | Windows 8.1U 64-bit

5. proper158

proper158 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Anyone having issues with the Razer Edge controller working with Mass Effect 3? The lights are lit up but can't control any of the start menu options.

6. verrwirung

verrwirung Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I owned this razer edge pro since december 2013 and until now I can't even find any place where to buy this f#$%ng keyboard dock.
    It's really annoying how this company sells this type of product without it's supporting accessories available...ANYWHERE!!!

7. proper158

Reputations:
    I was messing around with Xpadder for a Mass Effect 3 controller profile. I set it up on my xbox 360 controller and everything seemed to work, now my Razer controller doesn't light up but the Edge recognizes that a device is connected. Couldn't find a driver on the razer site, any ideas? I have synapse 2.0 installed as well.

8. proper158

Reputations:
    Turns out I needed to re-flash my controller with the controller firmware from Razer. Mass Effect 3 is awesome on the Edge with the controller.

9. Paradox3713

Paradox3713 Newbie

Reputations:
    Can anyone point me in the direction of proper overclocking software for for the Edge Pro? I've got all my cooling mods completed, and now just need to boost the performance. I'm looking to increase the bus if possible, or clock if that is the only way. And shutdown the threads and only run on the cores.

***Note***: If possible does anyone know a way to lower the threshold to activate the cooling fan? I'd like to get it to start activating at 40 degrees Celsius instead of 53 degrees Celsius.

10. beatlep

beatlep Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Cpu can't be overclocked, only the Nvidia GPU.