Razer Edge and Edge Pro Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by johnnobts, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Ravenholme

Ravenholme Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hah thanks for the complements paradox, Glad it was of help. I did it because I didn't see anyone online do it. It wasn't even on ifixit.com

– Ravenholme
    ——
    Razer Edge Pro [Upgraded] - Intel Core i7-3517U 1.9ghz | 16GB RAM | Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235 | Samsung SSD 840 EVO 1TB mSATA | Windows 8.1U 64-bit

2. perry1mm

perry1mm Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I tried the Sharkk but I personally don't like that it's laid out like an Apple keyboard and does feel a little on the cheap side (there was some other flaw but I can't recall what it was, it's been a while), so I sent it back and got the Logitech K810...which I had actually used in person before and love it. It's perfectly laid out, great size (especially if you have the folio that fits the Edge), great backlighting, has nice software integration (can even disable various keys and set FN/media keys, etc), and has a bit better quality to it. But is also around double the price nowadays (I got mine back when it was like $50).

3. ronaldheld

ronaldheld Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I will look at the K810 instead. Too bad about the price, though. What do you use to cover it when traveling?
    Anyone else have suggestions?

4. mobaran

mobaran Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello I bought a second hand razer edge pro, today I upgraded 256 ssd. I would like to install a clean windows 8.1 from flash drive. However boot menu does not allow me to boot from usb stick.

Could you help?

5. Ravenholme

Ravenholme Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Try volume down and hold the window button right when you boot, I know it ends up showing the boot menu, volume up and window button is the uefi bios

– Ravenholme
    ——
    Razer Edge Pro [Upgraded] - Intel Core i7-3517U 1.9ghz | 16GB RAM | Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235 | Samsung SSD 840 EVO 1TB mSATA | Windows 8.1U 64-bit

6. ajssuperman

ajssuperman Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey guys , just wanted to get your thoughts and advice on something. I started to really push my edge's video card in terms of overclocking and so far have been able to get 810mhz on the core. Its pretty amazing , i can play games on high settings with the fps close to 35 ( good enough for me i dont try to get the most fps) the thing is that i cant oc the memory even a little. I tried 1000mhz and after about an hour it crashes. Any advice on how push the memory would be appreciated. 800 on the core is good (60%oc!) but the memory is the bottleneck now. I saw a thread where people pushed the 640m le on some sony laptop to 1000mhz on the core and 1150 memory!!

As for temps, it maxes out at an acceptable 73C battery life has dropped by 12% which isnt too bad as it translates to about 13 minutes.

7. eric13

eric13 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    what software do you use for oc ? and my personal advice is to use throtlestop for cpu which is the one that actually makes difference

8. ajssuperman

ajssuperman Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks, I'll give it a try. I've been using Nvidia inspector. It bypasses the 135Mhz cap on the core without the need of a Vbios mod.

9. RollNoir

RollNoir Newbie

Reputations:
    Sorry a for stupid quetion, but I can't find information. Plese help me!
    On my razer edge pro do not working display scaling only in dx10-11 games.
    If screen resolution less then 1366x768 - then screen have black stripe on sides.
    All driver are new, maybe need update bios, but I do not know where it find.

10. RollNoir

RollNoir Newbie

Reputations:
    I mean on my device all games with dx10-11 not scale on all screen when resolution less than 1366x768. How I can resolve it. All drivers are new, win 8.1. Help me, please, resolve this problem.