Razer Customer support reviews

Discussion in 'Razer' started by custom90gt, Oct 23, 2020.

?

How has your Razer support experience been?

1. Great!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Terrible!

8 vote(s)
    61.5%
  3. So so...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. They have support?

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  1. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It was happening on some model, discharging a lot while sleeping they fixed with bios update, tldr unfortunately you should wait. Usually it takes forever for the update.

2. Shark00n

Shark00n Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Support never even suggested doing one. I asked them about it today.

Turning off the USB charge function appears to have fixed it. I don't want to jinx it and will still wait a few more hours before turning it back on again. Sucks that I can't charge my phone or my camera when it's turned off in my bag tho.

custom90gt likes this.
  3. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    It's another thing to carry, but you may want to just buy a small USB battery pack instead to save yourself any extra potential headaches with the laptop.

4. Shark00n

Shark00n Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yeah it's a minor concern.

Too bad it took me this much time to try it.
    In my defense, the laptop wasn't even in my posession and I only tried it this time after perusing again thru the BIOS options. Always resorted to resetting them to default to rule out any issues coming from here.

5. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Bump with an update in the OP. Maybe if the laptop arrives before November 13th it will have only taken one month to get a battery replaced and many hours of my time. What a joke.

Papusan likes this.
  6. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Hope you don't need send it in a second time. If you have to, maybe you won't see it before...
    upload_2020-11-7_16-34-34.png

custom90gt likes this.
  7. Shark00n

Shark00n Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    This is what they have for me after my Blade came back after its third RMA. With the issue not fixed.
    Literally more than a hundred e-mails, hours of following troubleshooting, sending battery reports, weeks of waiting and now I get a new intern that thinks I have a problem with my charger.

I think I'm gonna take up heroine.

8. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Well I received the laptop yesterday finally. Razer made it difficult and specified that Fedex was not allowed to change the delivery location to a local fedex location to make it easy for me to pick up (requires a signature). Thankfully my wife was able to be at home yesterday and sign for it, otherwise I would have missed every delivery attempt because I do some weird thing called working. So far it works and the battery is fine. The laptop was SOOOOO dirty though, it's like they ate powdered donuts while working on the laptop, my dbrand skin went from black to white. I had to clean it with some rubbing alcohol just to get it off.

To sum up, Razer support sucks, lol.

Shark00n, saturnotaku and Papusan like this.
  9. Shark00n

Shark00n Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Glad to hear it.

Better to have a dirty dbrand skin than a banged up laptop, I guess...

Small update on my case. Turning OFF the USB charge function did fix it. Laptop holds charge no problem now.

Asked Razer for a BIOS update and current version changelog, as I can't find it anywhere. Got bumped around to another support guy, probably the 15th person I've talked to since April, that assures me the issue with my charger will be fixed in no time, and to check if it has a green light.

Not kidding, they absolutely do not check the previous conversation logs. This guy has absolutely no idea what my issue was and is asking me to do a full system recovery again.

Bonkers!

To think I was 45 days without the use of my laptop because of a simple BIOS setting. Shame on me for thinking DEFAULT BIOS options was the way to go...

custom90gt likes this.