Razer Customer support reviews

Discussion in 'Razer' started by custom90gt, Oct 23, 2020.

?

How has your Razer support experience been?

1. Great!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Terrible!

8 vote(s)
    61.5%
  3. So so...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. They have support?

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  1. Reciever

Reciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    Honestly the best practice in most scenario (in my humble opinion), to praise what should be, and criticize what shouldnt.

2. Shark00n

Shark00n Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Oh my God! Posting here and on Reddit actually helped.
    After weeks talking to what seemed like a NPC from some Elder Scrolls game at Razer Support, I got a shipping label and my laptop is on the way back!

Literally hours after posting on Reddit I was approached by some Razer community manager and things got going quickly. Battery swapped and machine in the post.

They offered my a Razer Naga Trinity as compensation, quickly prompted them to get lost as I reminded them I waited for 45 days for a damn battery swap, plus 45+ days without my laptop earlier in July when they installed the wrong damn screen when it went in for the first RMA.

I should show you guys the e-mail trail for that mess up. They swapped me a 240Hz screen for a 60Hz panel. Didn't test it, sent it back. Took literally more than 30 e-mails to get them to take the machine back for repair.

I wouldn't touch a Razer with a stick after this.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2020
    Papusan, custom90gt and saturnotaku like this.
  3. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Being able to physically take the laptop to a repair center makes a big difference, and with Razer it's not really possible in the US unless you either live near their repair depot (which is in California or Texas, IIRC) or their retail store in Las Vegas. That's why I never recommend buying from Razer directly and instead getting it from a retailer like Best Buy, B&H Photo/Video, MicroCenter, or the Microsoft Store that offers its own extended warranty services. In the case of Best Buy or MicroCenter, you can take the laptop right to a store and they will either repair it or give you a gift card for the amount you paid for the device.

4. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    That's the thing, you shouldn't have to threaten them with going public on a forum just to get some service. That's the only thing that made them hurry up in my case too. Prior to that it was the same "are you sure you want your $3300 laptop fixed?" over and over again. They waste more time/energy in trying to avoid servicing laptops then it would take to just service the laptop...

saturnotaku and Papusan like this.
  5. Shark00n

Shark00n Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yeah... Excuse the language on the original post BTW.

If I was a 13 year old TikTok super influencer with millions of followers I bet my experience with Razer's support would be great.

Sadly, my dance moves suck, and so did my support experience.

6. Reciever

Reciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    I hate being proved correct just as much as I hate being proved incorrect.

Either way, I am glad that you guys got some movement on your cases...

Papusan and custom90gt like this.
  7. Shark00n

Shark00n Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    God damnit. Razer is close to breaking me.
    Razer Support should be the torture of choice at GITMO.

So after almost a month and a half of back and forth about my malfunctioning battery. It took me posting here and on Reddit to get the case moving again. Got my laptop back yesterday and a new battery was installed.

I found no proof of further testing, as they usually uploaded a battery report.

I don't think they tested it. It's still losing charge overnight. 16% over 12 hours with Windows 10 just as it came from Razer. Hibernation off, fast startup off, selective USB suspension on.

Razer support tells me I have to start the process all over again.

This laptop is a lemon. And my company's acconting department can't give me the proof of purchase. It was a company bonus for last year's performance and they wont give the purchase details out to employees, specially when it was purchased by another office, in another country... I don't really know my rights here, I'd really like to demand a replacement unit as this amount of RMAs, issues and hundreds of messages are really taking its toll on my mental fitness when dealing with their support.

WHY GOD, WHY?

8. custom90gt

Reputations:
    Is it turned off and losing battery? Do you have a second SSD to try a fresh install of windows on?

9. Shark00n

Shark00n Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yes. 30% over 24 hours.

I have one but have not tried it this time, think a different SSD will make a difference?
    I've tried fresh windows thru Windows Media Creation Tool and thru Razer's recovery partition to no avail. This time I did not do or install anything on the laptop. Just finished the undergoing W10 installation as soon as I got it. Updated it and updated Synapse.

I was looking thru the BIOS options (I'm on 1.03) and found something I may have overlooked. "USB Charge Function" was set to AUTO. Turned it OFF. I never had any USB devices whatsoever connected to the laptop when verifying the battery drainage over time.

10. custom90gt

Reputations:
    The other SSD would only be helpful for a fresh install if you were losing battery while the laptop was in sleep mode or something like that. If it's draining battery while off, perhaps it is something silly like the USB charge function. Fingers crossed for you.

saturnotaku and Papusan like this.