Razer Customer support reviews

Discussion in 'Razer' started by custom90gt, Oct 23, 2020.

?

How has your Razer support experience been?

1. Great!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Terrible!

8 vote(s)
    61.5%
  3. So so...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. They have support?

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  1. Shark00n

Shark00n Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Trully horrible.

Chat is always unnavailable. Keep refreshing, sometimes it works.

Mine went in October 1st for a battery losing charge over night with the unit switched off.

My email conversation with their support is looooooong by now. Still they only tested the unit for half an hour and declared it was free of any issue.

The first shipping label they sent me didn't even cover shipping for batteries, FedEx wouldn't take it. Had to wait a further 10 days for Razer to give me the appropriate shipping label.

They did not test the battery holding capacity over a period of hours with the unit turned off.

Asked them to test it again, that was about 8 or 9 days ago. No further updates.

It trully is amazing how bad it is.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
  2. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    It would be illegal for them to do that. If they try to make a case out of it, I'd go straight to the BBB and the attorney general's offices of your home state and California.

3. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    They dropped it when I quoted their own RMA terms:

"Razer is not liable for lost or damaged personal items that are shipped to the Razer Repair Center. Remove all third-party upgrades to your SSD and RAM, adapters, cables, memory cards, and carrying cases before shipping the product. Only ship the items that were included in the box when the product was originally purchased."

Still a total pain to have to send a whole laptop just for a swollen battery.

Terreos and saturnotaku like this.
  4. Shark00n

Shark00n Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yeah. Makes me miss my alienware, even with all its flaws.
    Dell support was amazing compared to this. I had issues with temps and they just let me keep my laptop until a repair technician was available. Then he came to me at my office during work hours and just changed the parts. Took less than an hour and wasn't a hassle at all.

Terreos, custom90gt and saturnotaku like this.
  5. Terreos

Terreos Royal Guard

Reputations:
    Anytime I’ve had to deal with Razer support it’s always been a headache. And that last time I basically had to make a nasty reddit page before they even bothered to take me seriously. So they’re definitely still not good by any stretch. Which is a shame. This is why I would never recommend anyone buying directly from them. And if you’re going for an extended warranty make sure it’s through who you bought it from.

custom90gt and saturnotaku like this.
  6. custom90gt

Reputations:
    Yeah they were trying to make me send in my complete laptop so they could "test for other software issues" until I told them I was going to let Reddit know how terrible their support is. Suddenly I have a "one time exception." I still don't have any RMA form or anything, it's been 2 weeks already...

Papusan, Terreos and saturnotaku like this.
  7. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Time to go to the BBB.

Papusan likes this.
  8. Shark00n

Shark00n Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Guys I need your help, I really don't know how to proceed.

From the start:
    -Got the Blade Pro in March, screen had noticeable blemishes
    -Opened ticket April 15th, got the laptop back May 25th.
    -Wrong screen was replaced (got a 60Hz instead of the original 240Hz)
    -LOTS of back and forth with support, finally got another RMA sorted, laptop shipped back to Razer July 3rd
    -Got it back July 15th
    -Didn't use it for a while as I was enjoying my holidays. Verified later that the battery does not hold charge.
    -Opened new ticket September 15th, wrong shipping label sent by Razer on Sep 25th, FedEx wouldn't take it.
    -Correct shipping label sent by Razer on Oct 1st
    -Haven't seen my laptop since. They have still not verified there's even a fault with the battery
    -Getting the same email for more than two weeks now "still to receive feedback from relevant team. I hope you have a blast!"

What... How... Where even to begin??

What can I say to get my laptop back?
    Since getting it, the laptop has spent more time in Razer's care than being used by me.

I got the laptop as a company bonus thing. My company's german, I work and live in Portugal. Unfortunately I don't have the purchase receipt and accounting is making it very hard to get a copy of it. So I'm not sure what my rights are.

This is the most frustrating customer experience ever. And I've dealt with HP, Dell, Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, Acer, Lenovo and multiple Clevo partners. Never seen anything like this.

My expensive af laptop is going on its third RMA, nevermind the amount of time I spend without it. How am I supposed to trust this machine with work/life stuff? Wondering if I will be able to use it for anything other than gaming at this point. If I ever get it back.

9. custom90gt

Reputations:
    Wow and I thought my experience was bad. Have you posted this in the Reddit for razer? I know they have support people monitoring that forum and it may get you some additional help.

10. Evertbie

Evertbie Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I had a good experience with razer support here in Singapore:

my issue was smaller though with one of the key caps being loose/spoiled.

it took a few days to get my ticket and several emails asking basically the same info (serial number and such stuff) but from then onwards the experience was great.

I brought the laptop to the local service center (again it may easier compared to others here since the distances here in Singapore are manageable...), the tech took the laptop and after 2 days they delivered it repaired and in pristine condition to my office.

So I have no complaints so far and this is my 4th razer laptop (previous 3 had no issues and were used for 1-1.5years)

Reciever and custom90gt like this.