Razer CEO covering up cheap/poor design of Razer notebooks

Discussion in 'Razer' started by Mobius 1, Feb 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    So last night me and D2 were trying to fire some shots into the CEO's Facebook page regarding the newfound discovery that Razer has with their Kepler as well as Maxwell gen Blade 14s.

His FB page also used for promotions and other stuff: https://www.facebook.com/minliangtan/?fref=ts

I specifically pointed out to this video posted by Louis Rossmann (well known PCB repair person on the internet)

Link below to those who want to watch

TL;DW the video talks about two things. And I specifically asked the CEO's response to them.

1. The Kepler generation Blade 14 (I believe it's a 870M GPU) - has a defect where the vBIOS chip is placed on the back of the GPU area, and that chip can only survive 75c before frying out. Due to the thin design and the chip not being cooled it is very easy for that chip to die and make the unit inoperable.

2. Newer Blades with Maxwell + Haswell / Skylake has issue where a VRM / mosfet bank would give up since the components used are low quality and cannot sustain high temperatures. These would eventually give up and need to be replaced by an astronomical cost of $700 out of warranty from Razer.

I also added a third/fourth query about the Razer Blade Pro (2016 / GTX1080).

1. Why is the GTX1080 in the RBP 2016 capped at such a low TDP? This contradicts your (the CEO's) claim of having full desktop performance in a laptop form factory. As a reference a GTX1080 Founders Edition will do 180-200w of power consumption.

2. @D2 Ultima added onto my post that the RBP 2016 has an overheating issue on the 2nd NVME drive when running in RAID mode. Causing BSOD.

The entirety of the post above, on the CEO's Facebook page, was added with me tagging him (using @) and posting the video to accompany the comment.

This was done on a 15-minute old post, so he didn't reply. Alright we'll wait.

Less than 24 hours after, the CEO made a very recent post that I was lucky enough to catch. I posted the same exact info as the 1st comment, so there's no way that he wouldn't see that.

Instead of providing a response, he banned me from following and commenting on the FB page. Clearly showing the sign that they're afraid of the truth coming out. He also went back and manually deleted D2 Ultima's comment alongside all of mine. I even asked D2 to check and he searched the whole post for my name and could not find anything from me or himself in all 266 comments on the original post I commented on.

Also, do point out that this is the same CEO who ridiculed a user of this very forum for attempting to repaste to fix bad temperatures on an older Blade model, claiming they used special paste that's better than all of the competition, when all it was is that standard paste doesn't work well on the "solution" they use (bare heatpipes touching dies). So not only are they dirty enough to knowingly sell broken-by-design products at exorbitant prices, but they're also the kind who attack users for fun if they don't play exactly by their book (also breaking warranty of the whole notebook for the user who repasted... just because he repasted).

Terrible heatsink design made worse with pitiful excuse.

Thread for reference: http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/repaste-those-razer-blade-2015s-at-your-own-risk.771707/

So there you have it, use this information to decide whether or not you want to do business with a company which clearly makes defective overpriced products, that the manufacturers and the CEO themselves are aware of but hides under the brand facade, and still attempt to hide information about defects to this day, has poor presale and aftersale support, nonexistent warranty, and various anti-consumer doings.

I personally wont, but each to their own. (I will clearly say that you're *** to still buy a Razer after this though).

@Mr. Fox @Papusan @Johnksss@iBUYPOWER @ryzeki @hmscott @LunaP @Razer Customer Support @RazerCS @TomJGX @Raidriar @Khenglish @Prema @Phoenix @Meaker@Sager @don_svetlio @pendragonfalls @PendragonInc @DackEW @Dackzy @Donald@HIDevolution @Zoltan@HIDevolution @GenTechPC @pat@XOTICPC @Tanner@XoticPC @woodzstack @Prostar Computer @iunlock @zergslayer69 @DeeX

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2017
    SkidrowSKT, Aroc, cootje1976 and 22 others like this.
  2. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    @Mobius 1 + Rep for the experiment. This says it all:cool: Same happening with @Cass-Olé when he posts uncomfortable questions to AW's ceo Mr. Azor aka @Alienware-Frank
    I am absolutely sure that they we talk about, KNOW exactly what they throw at people/buyers. And People who are looking for new hardware / computers should soon realize that they become scammed.

D2 Ultima, SimplyJ3sse and Beemo like this.
  3. Beemo

Beemo BGA is totally TSK TSK!

Reputations:
    I always knew that there is something wrong with them. Even with the obvious "shove down your throat" and "in your face" product price and promotions, some poor lost soul out there are still being drawn to the enigmatic green triple-headed snake and got swallowed whole.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    SOTN_Alucard and Papusan like this.
  4. Johnksss

Johnksss .

Reputations:
  5. iunlock

iunlock 9900K @ 5.5GHz

Reputations:
    Dirty....they are to skeerrrd to man up?

What does that say about the integrity of the company? Is it as bad as their vBIOS chip?

This makes AW/Dell look really good in comparison. At least they are proactively doing something about their issues.

6. Mobius 1

Reputations:

I'd rather have a macbook compared to a razer.

At least the aftersale support is there.

7. iunlock

iunlock 9900K @ 5.5GHz

Reputations:
    More so....

$4000 for 6700HQ? *cough* ....

But wait...HQ is High Quality right? :rolleyes:

8. Johnksss

Johnksss .

Reputations:
    They had lots of fancy pictures on the facebook page, but none of the many negative ones floating on the internet.....

Beemo likes this.
  9. Mobius 1

Reputations:
  10. Beemo

Beemo BGA is totally TSK TSK!

Reputations:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.