Razer Blade Pro Early 2017 CPU & GPU Tweaks (Some tweaks apply for Late 2016 model)

Discussion in 'Razer' started by Hackintoshihope, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 nͫiͤcͫeͤ

Reputations:
    ECKS DEE

2. PRIMEcai

PRIMEcai Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello guys! I read this thread with great interest as it may be the solution to my problem but I'm still not quite sure.
    I undervolted cpu by -120 v. CPU and GPU are often at or under 80 during moderate gaming but while playing triple a titles maxed out, they hover around low 80s.
    Back to the issue...playing these high demanding games, occasionally the screen dims (to the brightness set on power saver or balanced im not quite sure) and the keyboard lighting switches to the "on battery" setup from Synapse. I think it has to either do with the power adapter disconnecting or the power profile switching to power saver or balanced.
    So is this the problem everyone is having or am I on a league of my own??

Also, how do you underclock the GPU?

Thanks in advance

Vasudev likes this.
  3. Hackintoshihope

Hackintoshihope AlienMeetsApple

Reputations:
    Please follow the instructions listed at the start of the thread:

PRIMEcai likes this.
  4. Defalt

Defalt Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    What are the XTU defaults for the RBP (2017)? Tried both tweaks from the initial post to fix my unexplainable FPS issues and it didn't really make a difference.But still, for any game I play I frequently get drops down to 10-20FPS then it normalises again :(

5. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Check PCH temps whilst gaming using HWINFO.

Nuke33 likes this.
  6. Defalt

Reputations:
    FPS issue resolved (certain games just required a setting tweak here and there). But I was wondering if an update of some sort broke everything today. Any game now cashes and causes a complete system shutdown almost minutes into any game. I've double checked I have the tweaks right and the Rz Performance service is still disabled/stopped. Doesn't look like Windows update has downloaded anything either :/

Edit:
    Resolved the issue by reinstalling the Intel drivers via Razer's site. All resolved, what is odd is I have three separate Razer laptops/models and all three got this problem at the same time and none of them have had anything new installed or any system level changes.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
    Vasudev likes this.
  7. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    i guess this laptop is meant to be designed to cripple performance in order to reduce performance & heat, thus reducing in thickness. good thing i didnt spent any money on this underwhelming of a laptop.

8. Defalt

Reputations:
    *Slow claps* Sorry but I don't quite follow the purpose of your post? o_O

9. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Any odd looking options in Performance tab in BIOS? I mean, CPU fan speed or performance limit or something!?

10. Defalt

Reputations:
    Good thought! I'll have a check on all machines. I cant shake the oddity that it's happened on all machines at once, I've reinstalled the nvidia drivers (after removing them and using a DDU in safe mode) but I ran out of time before work to check if it helped or not so I'll update this post later today once I've checked.

Edit: Here is a screen cap from HWInfo when I got an FPS dip everything is in black aside whats shown below, similar results across several games, I can start listing games and settings but I feel like it might be a single problem that's impacting all my games.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    Vasudev likes this.