Razer Blade Pro 2019; Issues with Synapse 3.0

Discussion in 'Razer' started by vahdyx, Jun 11, 2019.

1. vegetaeater

vegetaeater Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Ha, you're in the exact same spot as me :)

I recently discovered that the ROG GX701 uses a 2070 Max-P, so it's on my radar now. Almost no reviews of this particular unit online... it seems the 2070 model is quite rare in the 'states?

Either way, with ASUS's $200 cashback for EOFY, it's actually a pretty solid deal.

My biggest concern is the styling. That glowing red logo on the lid isn't ideal.. and unfortunately dbrand doesn't do skins for ROG machines =\

2. WhiteHelios

WhiteHelios Newbie

Reputations:
    So I also have issues with micro stutters in games (Mainly Dota 2) when synapse 3 is running on my blade pro.

However in my case, the stutters often lead to a full system lockup where even task manager freezes. I have the 2080MQ version of the blade pro. Without synapse 3 installed, there are no crashes or stutters at all. I've gone over this issue with razer for the past 3 weeks and tried every solution they gave me (clean uninstall of synapse + reinstall, deleting all traces of synapse 3, system restore) and none of them worked. I've decided to just give up on synapse 3 at this point.

With that being said, I'm quite happy with the hardware itself. Regarding the OP's issues, you might want to consider a higher undervolt if it is stable (I'm running with -.150v) and a repaste. On my blade pro, there was an excessive amount of thermal paste (I estimate around 3x the normal amount I would use) on both the CPU and GPU. I can provide pictures of what the factory paste job looks like if needed. I repasted it with kryonaut, and together with the undervolt I never see CPU temps above 80 C on the CPU and 72 C on the GPU. The idle temps also dropped by about 8-10 degrees.

Regarding time spy scores, I was able to achieve a CPU score of 7002 with synapse on performance mode. Without synapse running at all I've gotten as low as 6305 CPU score. But regardless of how well synapse helps me do on benchmarks, the stutter issue makes it useless to me.

3. pitha1337

pitha1337 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    @WhiteHelios Also uninstalled Synapse yesterday. Do you know a way how to edit the keyboard lighting without it? Now my keyboard switches the colors randomly.

4. WhiteHelios

WhiteHelios Newbie

Reputations:
    Not that I know of, my keyboard slowly changes colors as well. I assume that's the hardware default.

5. xLima

xLima Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Would you mind posting GPU-Z screenshot of this please? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  7. xLima

Reputations:
  8. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I wish I had that Blade pro bro, don’t you have 2060 gs65 btw? You can’t flash that one, maybe Blade Pro 2060 which I don’t see yet the HWinfo64 not gpuz screenshot.

9. xLima

Reputations:
    OP screenshots timespy rtx 2060

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

10. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Right forgot about that, gpuZ I meant.