Razer Blade Pro 2014 or Razer Blade 2014. Serious Debate! Which one do you buy and Why?

Discussion in 'Razer' started by fam, Jun 1, 2014.

?

Which one do you buy or wish to buy?

1. Razer Blade Pro 2014 17Inch

20.8%
  2. Razer Blade 2014 14Inch

79.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colto

Colto Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I walk around with about 30 pounds of stuff in my backpack and i am constaly moving and walking miles everyday and i have never had a problem i use to carry 10-12 pound laptop so really people complain to much

2. Dinamis

Dinamis Newbie

Reputations:
    i was owning an MSI GT70, 5 kilo monster which i could hardly carry on my back. never ever

hfm likes this.
  3. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I wasn't offended, just put off buy your inability to understand the diversity of people that would want and/or need to carry less weight. Thanks for the apology.

Have you even tried the HiDPI panel? Your opinion isn't well informed if not, congrats for being able to carry 50lb of gear around all day, but throwing insults around at people because they don't want to or can't due to potential health problems is going to win you no friends.

4. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    I can see the appeal of wanting to carry around a Blade vs an Alienware, but when people start fussing about oz's (i.e. less than a pound) and fractions of an inch, it gets a bit ridiculous.

5. fam

fam Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    RZ.jpg

Razer blade pro 2014 looks sexy for 17" laptop. im not sure if i would find the same for 14" inch razer blade 2014 regardless of the specs.

it does look big.. i havnt tried 14" inch before. i had 13.3 inch vaio duo 13, im not sure about the 14inch laptop QHD screen space.

for those who had 17inch and 14inch, can you please share me your experience with the screen space between 17inch and 14inch. does it look the same or it appears cramped? (for example, as you can see on the picture, i had opened like over 10tabs on google chrome, i could still read and see all the tabs on the screen, would it be the same for the 14inch?)

6. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Change your desktop resolution to 1600x900. That's pretty much what it's like.

7. mindinversion

mindinversion Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Pro.

No gimicky screen, no being forced to deal with magical formulas based on program for correct scaling/resolution settings. Sane temperatures, MAXWELL GPU with roughly same performance as the 14" @ NATIVE RESOLUTIONS.
    For me the BIGGEST selling point is the SBUI. I know most people find it gimicky and can't find the purpose, but I use the HECK out of it!

Now, NEXT YEAR. . when Broadwell hits. . depending on if they actually bother to keep the Pro. . THEN maybe I'll change my mind [I won't, 14" is just TOOO small for a gaming notebook. .]

8. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Just goes to show that having a choice between the two is the correct answer. Everyone had their own needs and what's right for them.

alaskajoel likes this.
  9. Colto

Colto Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Yes i have tryed HiDPl and in my personal prefrence is no replacment for a bigger screen size im not trying to throw insult and i think the medical issue is very limited and i was just trying to say that i dont think between these laptops size and weight should be a factor for anyone unless u have medical issues

10. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    That's your opinion, doesn't fit what everyone wants from their device. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.