Razer Blade Pro 17" GTX 1080 GPU/7820K CPU 2017 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by shoespc, Apr 13, 2017.

1. acrox999

acrox999 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yeah, I doubt that it's the power draw from the battery that caused it. The whole laptop is really hot and would usually be above 65 degree Celsius as warned on the battery itself. Not sure what I would do with the battery that I just bought. Should've spend on liquid metal instead, but oh well.

May I know how you undervolt your GPU? I use the curve editor in Afterburner but I'm not sure if I did it right.

upload_2019-8-13_22-58-29.png

hmscott likes this.
  2. acrox999

acrox999 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm still interested in doing screen swap from 4K to 120Hz 1080p. Mainly because 4K scaling is still freaking ugly on Windows and I hate those blurry texts.

Anyone had any experience doing screen swaps on RBP17 2017?

3. Lfeliciano

Lfeliciano Newbie

Reputations:

Hey man, I'm having the same issue that you had with your RBP, I'm now testing some modifications that i have make on my swell battery. I figure out the problem, the battery is not charged with a balanced circuit what makes the cell to be overcharging as they are not perfect in construction. Did you got the contact from someone specifically that we could get contact about this project problems? Many thanks!

4. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Its not just the heat, the heat affects the battery in a bad way ofcourse. But the main issue is that they use really poor quality battery cells and a bad battery construction in general. Even their Razer Blade stealths without a dedicated GPU have bloating issues. The latest Blade 15 design from 2018 also starts to bloat for some users. I have undervolted and locked max clocks at 3.3ghz on my Blade 15. Hopefully that is enough to keep the battery from swelling up. CPU temps are at 80~85c under load in my unit.

5. thewolfreach

thewolfreach Newbie

Reputations:
    Im going to try it in a month or so, were you successful with yours?

6. GTO_PAO11

GTO_PAO11 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Noob question. Is $1250 for Razer Blade Pro with 1080 and 4k good price?

7. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Depends on condition and this model has thermal (apparently hot overall due full fat 1080) and power delivery issue (250 watt ac adapter can’t keep the unit not discharging while on intensive usage like gaming, most Gtx 1080 laptops use 300watt+) , if you’re okay and can accept handle those things, I think it’s not bad since the price was like 4K or more bucks and you get nice 4K g sync screen, I personally like the keyboard and trackpad placement compared to current Blade Pro.

8. GTO_PAO11

GTO_PAO11 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    i see. Is it better overall than the new blade pro with 2080?

9. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I would never go for this flawed machine ever no matter what the price is. They didnt sell a lot of these units (first year not even breaking the 1K mark). You cannot keep the battery in good condition, it runs hot, it runs slower than other 1080GTX machines and is just getting horribly outdated. You are better off with a 1060GTX laptop for a tad little more money.

10. GTO_PAO11

GTO_PAO11 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    so even the 2080 17 inch is bad?