Razer Blade Pro 17" GTX 1080 GPU/7820K CPU 2017 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by shoespc, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Double post

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
  2. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It’s great temperature for Blade Pro. If you’re not familiar with bios moding I’d stay with current setting, there’s a risk even personally low, but it may brick your system if you messed with the setting. Razer bios is quite tight even you can unlock some function it may not be apply able on real usage, I tried to adjust fans curve per bios yesterday and didn’t manage it, it didn’t apply but it still kicking on on default temperature.

3. Elphie

Elphie Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well yeah I haven't done it before and if the risk was great I would be glad to follow on your advise as I don't want another headache :/

I was skeptical at first on reopening my laptop during the full blast fiasco since my temp on full load both CPU and GPU it never went past 76C on both however I know my fans will burn out soon so i decided to reopen it again just a shame, the RBP could even be cooler with couple more tweaks in fan when plugin or during heavy load at users will, but Razer decided to lock it down.

And by the way speaking of tweak when I use XTU it seems nothing happen, as in my temps are the same, I tried disabling RZperformance to make sure it won't conflict on XTU as I read in earlier post about it.Any thought on this one? Thank you for all your help wish I see this post a year earlier.

4. paramount7force

paramount7force Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, ive got a razer blade pro 2017 uhd gtx 1080 i recently had it repaired by razer after the battery bloated. Problem im having is when gaming the battery starts discharging about 1% every 3 minutes. Ive read this whole thread and have undervolted the cpu using xtu but im a bit confused about using after burner. When i press ctrl f the graph shows up but its all greyed out i can move the dots around and ive seen a picture of the graph that i can copy in this thread but the lines and the dots are all greyed out. How do i undervolt with afterburner is basically my question and will that stop the battery discharging while gaming?

5. paramount7force

paramount7force Newbie

Reputations:
    The battery is still going down by approximately 1% every four minutes while gaming plugged in. Ive sort of sorted this problem pretty much and got the battery drain down to 0.2% every 10 minutes. To do this you will need to download MSI Afterburner and the XTU Tuning utility follow all the instructions in this link:http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...some-tweaks-apply-for-late-2016-model.807563/
    When writing this all the images had disappeared so follow this next link and make your afterburner settings the same as in the first post: http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...u-7820k-cpu-2017-owners-lounge.803629/page-41
    Dont worry if your afterburner lines and dots are greyed out its fine just change the dots around and hit close then click on the button to start it with windows. Be Sure to disable the rzperformance service as it says in the first link(just type in how to disable services in windows 10 into google) also type device manager into the windows search bar go to device manager control panel-click on "Human Interface Devices then click on HID-compliant touch screen then right click on it and disable it(this will obviously disable the touchscreen). After that connect your razer blade pro to a 4k screen. go to project(bottom right corner in windows 10) and click on second screen only also turn your chroma keyboard lighting off and the logo lighting to off. If you go to settings in windows then system then display you can also turn on HDR streaming for games and videos. After youve done all this you should now notice that on AAA games set on ultra in 4K HDR your battery drain should fall to around 0.1-0.2% every 8-10 minutes which is enough to game all day. However when your gaming on the move, if you suffer from this problem at all that is, your battery drain is gonna be about 1% every 3-4 minutes. But with the undervolting fan speeds and temps drop greatly although my laptop screen flickers and does a little funny blank screen for a few seconds on start up but then its fine. Cheers.

EDIT: 13/10/2019
    So with further testing you dont have to turn the keyboard lighting, logo lighting, touch screen or the screen off you just have to undervolt the cpu and then you have to undervolt the GPU properly the picture in the second link is a bit outdated so i will include a picture of my afterburner curve here. just make sure each dot is atleast a little bit above the previous dot or you will have crashing. Cheers.

So i cant add pictures here for some reason ive added a picture at the bottom of the following razer insider thread of my afterburner curve.

https://insider.razer.com/index.php...e-pro-2017-4k-1tb-gtx-1080.50141/#post-494177

EDIT: 20/07/2019
    There is no doubt after further testing that undervolting the GPU and CPU gives a positive charge while gaming with everything switched on and even multiple peripherals and even a monitor plugged in. However theres a couple of things ive noticed. The battery always falls from 100% to 95%(the plugged in not charging range) if you have g-sync enabled the batery will continue to fall while gaming. So say you have g sync enabled start a game at 100% batery the battery will fall after a couple of hours to say 20% for example then when you stop the game and restart it the battery will begin to positively charge and continue to 100% then start the same cycle again. Now say you start a game with 100% charge with g-sync disabled the battery will fall to 95% then recharge to 100% then discharge to 95% then recharge to 100% etc etc. I personally prefer it with g-sync disabled as i feel it makes little to no difference having it enabled. However if anyone has any answers as to why this is happening then i am all ears anyways any comments or questions then please send a reply thanks!!!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019 at 6:23 PM
  6. paramount7force

paramount7force Newbie

Reputations:
    This comment needs deleting.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019 at 6:22 PM