Razer Blade Pro 17" GTX 1080 GPU/7820K CPU 2017 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by shoespc, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Elphie

Elphie Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    We could bring further power to RBP if we can do something about heat dissipation . I am thinking of putting copper shin on both CPU and GPU plus attaching some extra DIY flat copper tube on the heat sink assembly? Anyone has done this? I came across a certain iunlock whos selling RBP 2016 with modded heat sink but no pictures so no clue if this is really doable.

2. Raidriar

Raidriar ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Reputations:
    Liquid metal + undervolting is more than enough to keep things under control. Don’t get stupid with copper shims, you’re more likely to damage and crush the core rendering your machine useless than improve any thermals. CPU already has a vapor chamber cooling it, best you can do is apply liquid metal properly and optimize voltage on CPU and GPU

3. Elphie

Reputations:

You're right and make sense though was it safe using LM in longterm? I been watching some YouTube vids about the longterm effect of LM in copper and while they don't damage it they do left a permanent stain.

What about adding copper tube on the existing heat sink assembly?

4. Raidriar

Raidriar ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Reputations:
    There is no room to add anything in this computer, is already super tight space in there. I’ve used LM for years on several computers I’ve never had a problem. My RBP has had LM on it since August and it runs amazing

Elphie likes this.
  5. Elphie

Reputations:

Thanks! Are you using LM for both or just CPU?

6. Raidriar

Raidriar ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Reputations:
    Both

Elphie likes this.
  7. Elphie

Reputations:

Thanks appreciated. Actually just repasted my RBP 2 weeks ago with arctic 5 though there is a significant reduce in temp its still wayy high when playing Assassins Creed Odysseys @1080p with setting set on ultra most setting except shadow+volumetric fog in high to medium setting i am able to achieve 55-ish to 64-ish FPS but CPU is 96C high and GPU @ 90C . Im using Intel XTU plus CAM monitoring software disabliabling pzperformance. FPS quite high and satisfactory not until CPu start to throttle therw I would experience lagging amidst high FPS count. I owned once Acer Triton 700 witg Gtx 1080max q and I could say RBP is a little way above it performance wise just the heats killing it.

8. Elphie

Reputations:
    Liquid Metal application was great. I achieved -20C less in overall temp playing cs go @ 70c ish on both cpu and gpu while intensive games like assassins creed Odysseys @ 80c ish on both CPU GPU and barely hits 85C FPS on afterburner around 65 to 70ish FPS on 1080p resolution maxed out.

Having achieved a good temperature from 90 to 95c before i noticed that the fan kind of over exaggerated in a sense that when thermal start to reach somewhere 75C in will boost all the way up like it was about to take off like there is only low and high setting no medium setting at all. On gaming im fine with it but browsing sometimes when it feel like its getting hot instead of cranking up fan a little it will go full blast. Any idea whats wrong?

9. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    How high was idle temperature when doing that full blast? There’s no fans curve setting on Blade Pro, but I saw it on my bios setting on Blade 15 after i mode cpu vrm to be accessible, didn’t try it yet but it shows at which temperature the Fans should kick in, if you’re familiar with bios moding maybe you want to try that.

10. Elphie

Reputations:

It working normally now. I opened it up again rescrew and inspect if something i missed out but none and when i put it back on fans quite now. Idle temp at around 53C to 60C playing on both CPU and GPU. Before once the temp hit past 60C it will go full blast then at around 55C it will suddenly go on low like it was choked out of electricity from 100% down to 10%.

Although problem solved i noticed that fans will only full blast on 90C plus which could make use of bios mod since demanding games like ACO with LM applied im hitting 80C ish on CPU and 75Cish on GPU before LM it was 95c and 90C and a lot of thermal throttling occurs. Although temps been lowered internal component suffers from heat radiation .

Anyway i can mod the bios or better stay safe with what i achieved so far with LM?