Razer Blade Pro 17" GTX 1080 GPU/7820K CPU 2017 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by shoespc, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Raidriar

Raidriar ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Reputations:
    I would look into unlocking the BIOS and setting your desired values there, I always prefer BIOS level tuning so that it always works independently if software.

2. AllPowerfulArcadia

AllPowerfulArcadia Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just an update before I repaste with liquid metal, was playing Anthem @3440x1440p maxed out without AA with the below settings. My question is, if I could oc the gpu to at least 1800mhz while on a fixed undervolt, shouldn’t that mean that I’m at least matching a stock desktop 1080? Ive noticed that I’m definitely not power throttling on either components on the laptop.

Undervolt cpu/cpu cache @125mv offset
    Undervolt gpu via after burner @ 775mv locked at 1600mhz

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Try to measure it with benchmarks and FPS achievement here to check if you get desktop 1080 performance but I doubt it because ac adapter (250watt) is already not capable to deliver full Gtx 1080 laptop performance, and since anthem new it’s still not listed on notebookcheck game FPS for that card, how much FPS did you get on Anthem?

4. slimjim8201

slimjim8201 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I can easily get 1800MHz out of the GPU. Pulling 145ish Watts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hmscott likes this.
  5. AllPowerfulArcadia

Reputations:

I get around 45-60 FPS in anthem @3440x1440p. So I have finally repasted with liquid metal, and idk about my results. I see a difference on the cpu side (and can actually oc to 4.1ghz stable), but the gpu I’m not seeing much of a difference. I’m now able to set a voltage curve @ 900mv with a core boost clock at 1848mhz. But on the below pic I’m getting the same temps on my ( low power curve @1600mhz/775mv). Maybe I need to realign the dumb cpu/gpu tri-posts?

[​IMG]

6. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    According to this video your Anthem FPS achievement isn’t bad at all it’s desktop 1080 same resolution on ultra setting. Though it’s still demo, maybe not optimized yet. And if it’s gaming temperature, it’s great I like that temperatures.

7. AllPowerfulArcadia

Reputations:
    I’m playing the full game right now via EApremium, I’m sure the actual day one patch will boost FPS so I’ll stay closer to 60fps more often.

**Edit
    Just watched the video, I'm sure they are running with AA maxed out. I turned it off since I didn't see much of a difference.

8. slimjim8201

Reputations:
    Here is mine. I max out with 1836 MHz @ 900 mV right now. Seems very stable and temps never see 80C.

upload_2019-2-19_16-14-20.png

9. AllPowerfulArcadia

Reputations:
    Man....my 1850mhz “ish” curve puts my gpu @ 90c quickly but doesn’t go any higher. Sounds like your heatsink has way better contact with the liquid metal or I’m not using enough :(
    I’m sure yours would be very quiet with 775@1600mhz

Edit:

I believe the sweet spot is to keep the machine below 75 c on both cpu and gpu (which is possible) and we will achieve the the “maxq” setting in fan noise but with faster boost performance. Base clock on the desktop 1080 is 1633mhz. Can anyone send me the link to iunlock’s review on the Razer Blade Pro 2017 v2? I read this whole thread and most of it was people arguing with some razer fanboy who wouldn’t send proof for ? Reason lol

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  10. slimjim8201

Reputations:
    I had HID Evolution do my LM repaste so I imagine it is about as good as it gets.