Razer Blade Pro 17" GTX 1080 GPU/7820K CPU 2017 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by shoespc, Apr 13, 2017.

1. slimjim8201

slimjim8201 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I don't see anything Razer specific. What is the file format?

2. canetsbe

canetsbe Newbie

Reputations:
    It should be ICC format. There's nothing that says THX or something like that?

3. canetsbe

canetsbe Newbie

Reputations:
    Try looking at your default color profile settings for your RBP and navigate to the folder to find that profile.

4. tps3443

tps3443 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hello everyone, you guys sound like your having a blast tinkering with multipliers, and voltages, and overclocking the gtx1080 lol on such a thing premium device.. I’m entertained and ran out of pages to read.

Anyways, I’m buying a high end gaming laptop. I was curious if you all could help me out on what is considered a good price to pay for one of these on the used market.

I found one at a local pawn shop. Of all places it’s in this rinky dink run down mom pop style pawn shop. Here’s the specs and his asking price;

2017 Razer Blade Pro 17.3”
    7820HK i7 7th gen cpu
    32gb ddr4 260pin memory
    GTX1080 max Q 8gb gpu
    UHD 3840x2160 touch screen.
    512gb ssd.

It is used, in good shape.. includes the box and charger.

He’s asking $3,095 bucks for it.
    What should I offer him? This is a pawn shop so.. I wanna start low. Sounds to me like he may not have much invested in it.

Somebody may have pawned and unfortunately lost there prize baby due to not paying and getting it back.

I want it! And I may just hit him at $2,000 cash or something and see what he says. He’s had it for some while.

Yay nay?

This would be the ultimate dream slab to game and work on.

5. darkloki

darkloki Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Didn't want to create a separate/new thread but thought I'd post it here as I found it to be compelling. I don't own a Razer Blade Pro but I'd be curious to know from current owners how accurate/inaccurate this review is:

6. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont wast your $$ on FILTH

Reputations:
    Nice. Razers own mouse can't be used:rolleyes: I wonder if the same happen with their other gears:oops:

7. slimjim8201

Reputations:
    Interesting it is advertised with a MaxQ. Technically it’s not a MaxQ but we all know it’s not the full fat 1080 either. Sort of a MaxQ+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vistar Shook likes this.
  8. slimjim8201

Reputations:
    I won't do a complete review on my unit but I can comment that the machine has been fairly solid after 10 months. The battery issue is the first major flaw I've encountered and I'm not sure what route I'll take (if any) to find a solution.

Razer Synapse can be a pain in the ass, as mentioned by the recently posted video reviewer. The keyboard will randomly not display any colors at all (although this hasn't happened in months). The biggest gripe with Synapse is that it is ALWAYS trying to update itself. Sometimes multiple times per day. It's like the update fails or doesn't recognize that it is already up to date. Frustrating to fire it up each morning and to see an update waiting.

I still do not use the laptop screen much at all since I have an external 34" ultrawide. The colors are absolutely too saturated and the contrast is what I would consider extreme, matching up with the video reviewer's take. This isn't a knock on Razer, but the panel response times are obviously very long and ghosting is present in fast paced scenes/games. I would not recommend gaming on this panel.

After optimizing voltages for both CPU and GPU, the machine runs consistently well for both professional and gaming applications. I use a 100mV undervolt for the CPU and core multipliers of 39x, 37x, 36x, and 35x for 1, 2, 3, and 4 active cores, respectively. I have a custom Afterburner power curve for the GPU which has been very stable.

[​IMG]

A recent firestrike score is pretty decent but conservative. Both the CPU and GPU could be stressed a bit more but IMO, it's not worth it for stability. I've been able to get graphics scores closer to 21,000 and physics scores nearly 11,500 in the past but like I said, that extra bit of performance isn't worth the extra heat.

[​IMG]

Vasudev and Vistar Shook like this.
  9. Thrawn

Thrawn Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Slim did you consider having the guys at HID do a repaste on your CPU/GPU? Im thinking about ordering one of these from them so that I get support through them, and then take advantage of their repasting for 80 bucks. It does seem weird to have them tear down a brand new machine though.

10. Vistar Shook

Vistar Shook Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Certainly a repaste will help, but even after repasting with LM it is thermally and power constrained. For the price, considering the reliability and design issues (thermal/power/performance), it is not worth it just because it looks nice and is thin and relatively light.