Razer Blade Pro 17" GTX 1080 GPU/7820K CPU 2017 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by shoespc, Apr 13, 2017.

1. republicofsam

republicofsam Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Wouldn't it still be able to technically receive a charge? I mean isn't it Thunderbolt 3 spec to be able to receive up to a 100W charge? I mean, perhaps under full load it wouldn't work, but normal web browsing it should be able to receive a charge from it?

2. Vistar Shook

Vistar Shook Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Charging through the thunderbolt port is disabled on the Pro and the RB 14.

Enviado de meu Pixel 2 usando Tapatalk

Vasudev likes this.
  3. slimjim8201

slimjim8201 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I think I may have a problem. A few weeks ago, I unplugged the machine for the holidays and packed it up in my laptop bag. Noticed that the hinge would not completely close without force. At the same time, I noticed that the trackpad stopped working. Cursor movement is fine, but left click is not possible. Even tap to click isn't possible. Decided to investigate further today and boom. I believe my battery is about to explode. Will be calling HID first thing Monday morning...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Vasudev likes this.
  4. Vistar Shook

Reputations:
    Did you contact HID today? What did they say? Hopefully you just get a new machine under warranty, considering that the battery swelling damaged the chassis.

Vasudev likes this.
  5. slimjim8201

Reputations:
    I needed to use the machine for work last night so I went ahead and removed the battery. It’s insanely bloated. I would say 50% thicker due to the cells bulging.

Good news is that the chassis is not permanently deformed. Keyboard, trackpad, etc all seem to work again and were only dysfunctional from the battery pressing against the internal components.

Bad news is I do not really want a new machine and would prefer to have a replacement battery instead. I think we all can appreciate the high probability of getting a machine with one of the many problems folks have reported.

Used the day off to spend time in the snow with the kids. Will call HID this afternoon. In the meantime, I’ve got the machine running normally on AC. Come to think of it, I have no plans to ever use the machine off of wall power. My only concern is if the machine uses occasional battery boost that it’s going no to lock up and crash when it can’t support power over-draws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vasudev and Vistar Shook like this.
  6. Vistar Shook

Reputations:
    Maybe it won't crash when it needs battery boost and just throttle to the necessary power limits.
    Razer, unfortunately, won't send a new battery, they require an RMA, but maybe HID is willing if they can get the part from Razer. The thing is HID usually just sends a RMA request to Razer qnd have to abide by their rules. It will be hard to find the battery on for the Pro on ebay.

Vasudev likes this.
  7. zaheerjane

zaheerjane Newbie

Reputations:
    the THX profile is a secret no one likes to share

8. canetsbe

canetsbe Newbie

Reputations:
    Seriously. Razer themselves refused to send me the .icc file when asked. They told me I'd have to restore my system in order to access it.

It'd be awesome if someone could just take the 30 seconds and post it in a Dropbox / Google drive folder for those of us that need it..

9. slimjim8201

Reputations:
    Where is this profile stored on the machine?

10. canetsbe

canetsbe Newbie

Reputations:
    It should be: C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color