Razer Blade Pro 17" GTX 1080 GPU/7820K CPU 2017 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by shoespc, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Terreos

Terreos Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The Razer charger you're talking about only works for the Razer Blade Stealth.

If you want to charge the Blade 14 or Blade Pro you need something like this.
    https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Outlet-Battery-Pack-ChargeTech/dp/B06XJ31XZR

2. acrox999

acrox999 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Sounds interesting. What paste did you use?

3. SVOShark

SVOShark Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I used Thermaltake TG-7, I ran out of my other stuff and it's the only thing that was available locally. I'm sure if you used Conductonaut or Kryonaut you'd get better results. The only problem after dropping temps was the fan curve wasn't aggressive enough, so when you are using both the CPU and GPU you're temps are still going to be up there. If there was a way to control the fans manually I really think the heat issue would be under control for the most part.

Too bad it still needs a bigger PSU...

acrox999 likes this.
  4. acrox999

acrox999 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My temperature was ~80C while running Minecraft 1.12 with some extreme shaders and texture packs enabled. I guess that' not too bad but it stays at ~60C even during idle and when doing some light to moderate activities on the laptop. It's hard to do my work which involves typing all of the time on the keyboard when it's as hot as laying down on the road outside during the day.

The worst thing is that mine is now showing a vertical blue line around the left side of the display. I suspect that the display connector might be loose. It was only yesterday that I inherited this laptop and it was rarely used yet the display is already causing problems. I saw a dead pixel as well. Just one tiny little pixel. So maybe when I send it for RMA or something, I'll tell them about the heat as well. Perhaps they can replace the thermal paste or something and see how it goes.

By the way, why would this laptop need a bigger PSU? Is the charger charging really slow or something?

5. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    READ!! Unlocked i7 BGA and 1070 can pull +250W.

Vistar Shook and acrox999 like this.
  6. zaheerjane

zaheerjane Newbie

Reputations:
    hi, can u share the profile with me as well please.
    thanks

7. zaheerjane

zaheerjane Newbie

Reputations:
    brother can u please share the thx profile with me as well.

8. Pete Light

Pete Light Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yep the Alienware R4 can pull 290 - 300W with a 7820HK and a GTX 1080 for comparison

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Vistar Shook likes this.
  9. slimjim8201

slimjim8201 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Display out question. Thinking of getting a high refresh rate external monitor. Probably 1440p @ 144hz. Does anyone know if the USBC port in the RBP supports DisplayPort out or if the existing HDMI port be able to support this spec?

10. canetsbe

canetsbe Newbie

Reputations:
    I would love to have access to the THX color profile as well, since I had to reformat and put my company's enterprise edition of Win 10 on this laptop! Anyone able to shoot it over to me? Thanks!