Razer Blade Pro 17" GTX 1080 GPU/7820K CPU 2017 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by shoespc, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Didn't Yoo take out the Alienware MB due your testing and the cooling improved immediately?

hmscott likes this.
  2. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    That's running mb completely out of chassis, I was proposing the razer owner to run wih just the bottom cover removed.

Papusan and hmscott like this.
  3. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    I know, bruh. But to get the most out of hardware in Razer, the MB needs to get out of the chassis. Lower temp, means you can run with lower volt on cpu/gpu as well:D Better for the internal hardware/MB components. Same for the PSU who already struggle. Worth a try. Put it on top of...

Vasudev and Vistar Shook like this.
  4. stancratcha5

stancratcha5 Newbie

Reputations:
    Just picked up my machine about a week ago. I'll share my thoughts so far.

First and foremost, the machine is extremely well built, which you allready know if you have owned a razer laptop in the past. I'm coming from a Macbook pro, which i very much enjoyed. This guy is much bigger than the macbook, but not obnoxiously big as some have said. The keyboard is one of the more contentious aspects of the laptop. I don't love it, but i don't hate it either. It just seems like more of a gimmick than anything. The keyboard on the standard Blade model is superior to me. The trackpad is... solid. Its very good for a windows machine, but compard to an apple device? Frankly it's still not even close. How PC's are still this far behind in that technology is baffling to me. I won't get into too much detail, but the amplified headphone port is another really nice.

Now in regards to performance, i think you guys have covered this pretty extensively. Its not the best performing laptop in this price range, but it's not far behind either. No other laptop out there offers this performance combined with this design and construction, so you take what you get. I am currently using it as a console in my living room, hooked up to a 70 inch 4k screen, using the Razer turret to play my games. Highly recommended by the way. I haven't had any issues with playing at 4k. Slaying titles like the Witcher 3, GTA5, DOS 2, and more. Wolfenstein did cause my keyboard lights to dim, along with fps drops frequently. Not sure what this is. Throttling im guessing? With everyday real life performance, the Blade Pro flies through every task I throw at it, and battery life is very respectable for a machine this powerful. I can't imagine having to upgrade this machine for at least 2.5-3 years.

Cons
    - Get's a little warm for my liking when doing mundane tasks. Nothing crazy, but not ideal.
    - Keyboard should have stayed same as the 14 Blade
    - Probably could have made the screen bigger and gone with smaller bezels. Especially at this price point.
    - I worry about the longevity of the machine. Temps can get to uncomfortable levels even while idling at times. If i don't get 2 years of steady use out of this thing, i'll be furious.

hmscott likes this.
  5. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    undervolt it, and run the games again make sure its stable then you'll know what your hardware is capable of while running at lower voltage to produce way less heat.

6. Perry8912

Perry8912 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

Anyone want to share about the battery life please? Under light usage....

7. stancratcha5

stancratcha5 Newbie

Reputations:
    You can expect roughly 3.5 to 5 hours, depending on What your doing.

8. Perry8912

Reputations:
    Will undervoltage help? I need to get solid 5hrs+ on airplane...

9. Vistar Shook

Vistar Shook Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I see you asked the same question in the alienware 17 thread....the fact is, if you are looking for a high performance 17" gaming laptop with a 1070 or 1080, most will have g sync and consume a lot of power even on idle, so expect mediocre battery life.

hmscott likes this.
  10. Perry8912

Reputations:
    Any recommendation for 1070 or 1080 gaming laptop without g sync? I see the 4k model of 17r4 may not have g sync, but it doesn't help the battery life that much. So disappointing...:(