Razer Blade Pro 17 2080 Max Q Vbios

Discussion in 'Razer' started by Hackintoshihope, Jul 19, 2019.

1. i_dima

i_dima Newbie

Reputations:
    100w but I have RB15 is suitable for my device?

2. seanwee

seanwee Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I got it from this post

And yes it will work with your RB15.

3. ryzeki

ryzeki Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Regarding the vbios flash with the GPU clocks stuck at GPU Clocks, I had a similar issue a while ago when I originally flashed the razer's 90w vbios on my 2080MQ. No matter what I tried, it always got stuck at 990mhz, and when I returned to my original 80w vbios, the clocks worked fine.

Tried everything from reflashing, reinstalling windows etc, but the last time, when it finally worked, it happened after I had my SSD boot drive die. During testing if my SSD was dead or not, I had left the 90w vbios installed and I reflashed my laptop BIOS, resent CMOS (all in an attempt to see if the SSD was still recognized or not) so anyways, got a replacement SSD, reinstalled windows and it worked. I think maybe my BIOS had something to do with it, so maybe you guys can try it.

As a note: I have since reflashed my old 80w vbios, and now currently the MSI's 90w vbios, and it has worked fine, unlike when I originally attempted it.

hackness likes this.
  4. Hackintoshihope

Hackintoshihope AlienMeetsApple

Reputations:
    You need to try the 100W vbios. As long as you have a razer laptop you will get a nice 5% increase :). It’s been linked several times here but I can attach it again if needed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. ryzeki

ryzeki Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Thanks for the info, but I am happy with my current 90w performance.

I, however, would be willing to try the 150w provided it "worked". And also I would want to have my machine LM'd before attempting it hahaha. I don't have as much time as before, but I will definitely be trying the full fat 150w vbios ;)

6. Hackintoshihope

Reputations:
    The 150W vbios does not work it constantly reports 150W and power throttles even when it is not pulling the 150W from the wall the highest performance you can get is with the 100W only :( and as of yet we cant get the extra state (100W) to work without the performance mode of razer synapse.

7. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    You may want to contact @hackness doing this I think he succeeded flashing Pascal full fat gpu for his maxq Laptop, last time I talked with him hardware ID and g sync laptop vbios may also make flashing unsuccessful (if you don’t have g sync capable gpu), I tried flashing Asus full 1070 gsync Laptop to my maxq, didn’t success. Yes I’m still happy as well with current 90 watt 1070 maxq, but I’ll try later flashing again with some other maybe full fat one and limit the gpu voltage, now I’m too lazy;), will try it definitely before the warranty out:D

8. hackness

hackness Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Not sure about the 2080 though, the mobile version and the max-q version are both 10DE 1E90.

When opened up using Pascal TDP tweaker,

I've only seen 4E56 for the 2080 vbios (Full or max-q doesn't matter).

However, for the checksum, Gigabyte usually shows 135XXXXXXX, while Razer / Lenovo / Dell would show 117XXXXXXX or 118XXXXXXX for the checksum.

Not sure about MSI though.

But I think you could try to find the vbios that has closer checksum to your original vbios and also the same hardware ID which is 10DE 1E90 and it might work.

Joikansai likes this.
  9. Hackintoshihope

Reputations:
    You can flash the 150W vbios it just doesn’t give improvements we tested it in earlier pages on this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    On Pascal there’s success result, maybe you’ve to digging more, but anyway it’s also maybe dangerous since vrm may be kaboom in long usage.
    Here’s his full 1070 (Sorry it was not desktop but mobile) 115 watt (peaks at 120watt result) with higher gpu undervolte, but apparently he preferred lower frequency and voltage uV @100watt for better long run with this result. It’s already above 1070maxq average anyway.