Razer Blade Pro 17 2080 Max Q Vbios

Discussion in 'Razer' started by Hackintoshihope, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    9750H all cores max boost is 4Ghz, higher is maybe on one or two cores. No unfortunately I’m still on 8750H, but without imon tweak only undervolting cpu and gpu overclocking I scored a bit better on physical. I don’t repasting it yet only simple software tweak.
    https://www.3dmark.com/fs/16153079

2. Hackintoshihope

Hackintoshihope AlienMeetsApple

Reputations:
    Yeah I can go all the way to 4.5GHZ on all core (they hold for 1 5seconds) but the clocks wont hold steady as they do on 4GHZ.

3. seanwee

seanwee Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    That's the best you can hope for.

I only got a 17k+ cpu score after overclocking the ram to 3466 mhz

4. seanwee

Reputations:
    That's normal. You WILL have to reinstall drivers after flashing different vbioses. I reinstall every time after I flash a vbios.

I tried oc scanner and it didn't help. Locking voltages in MSI afterburner didn't have any effect either.

I though that maybe the max-q chips are voltage limited but more searching showed that they can hit 0.8v too like on non Max-q cards.

Not sure whats wrong. Maybe I'll try to find another non-mxm 2080 vbios and see if those work.

5. Hackintoshihope

Reputations:
    Okay thanks for the heads up I don’t have to reinstall using any of the razer 80, 90, or 100 I guess because they are same manufacturer?

Regardless yeah I’m not sure it could be just simply differing board layouts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. seanwee

Reputations:
    I don't think it's the board layout that's the issue. People didn't have issues flashing between cards with custom pcbs and we also didn't have problems cross flashing msi and razer vbioses either.

7. Hackintoshihope

Reputations:
    What I potentially am referring to is the power delivery system? But again I haven’t inspected differences. Regardless let me know if we get any new information. But the power budget is about 30W out of our 230W slim adapters as my power draw on full load is around 190-200 with my 100W vbios.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
  8. seanwee

Reputations:
    Yes, no problems even with different brand/number of phases.

Concerning the power budget.While the GE75 does have a 280w power brick, it only draws 250w peak and 200w while gaming according to notebookcheck's review.

For comparison, the GS75 draws 156w while gaming,239 peak and the RB 17 draws 182w while gaming, 214 peak.

Granted our devices will be drawing more power since we have removed the cpu power limit.

And even if the laptop draws more than the adapter can supply I wouldn't be concerned at all. Quite a few laptops from last generation were known to do that and the only effect was that the battery will slowly drain while gaming.

9. i_dima

i_dima Newbie

Reputations:
    I can’t see any link of the BIOS, does anybody can help me please?

10. seanwee

Reputations:
    Which one do you want?

The 100w vbios? The 150w vbios?